Legacy Paypal payment before article / listing is shown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THX

Customer
Dear all,

We are currently testing the pro version on our staging enviroment, but I am really worried if its possible to force a paypal payment for an entry fee before the article is shown?
It seems also not possible to have a new entry being checked and approved by an admin first. All the listings are directly visible.
Is there an option in the backend to have the listings unapproved by default? This would also solve the paypal payment problem more ore less.

Ideally this should work like this.

User starts a new listing and the fee is calculated > the listing is unapproved and invisible to all other users > the user either gets an pn / mail to pay the fee or probably via a popup > user pays the fee, admin checks and approves the listing.

Is this workflow possible??

Thanks so much for your help

Michael

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi Michael,

The answer to your question is not straightforward.

In Version 2 (in Private Beta atm) there is an ability to force payments (either by time or by amount) before a listing will be shown.

In version 1, the closest you can get to this would be if you used the Follow Listing Moderation Rules in the usergroup permissions. In theory much of what you need to do to restrict the user's listing appearing could be done that way, but I've not used that method before, and I don't know of anyone who has, so I can't say for sure that it will run smoothly. It might be worth testing to see if it will do what you want while version 2 is development.

I'm changing this thread to a Feature Request as some of those ideas are worth exploring and incorporating into the mod more fully.

Hi,
Ok Thanks - is there any release time for v2 ?
But that means I will try it with permissions - I think we have done that before with threads.
But does this rule also apply to the plugin - the permissions I can set for the different forums and subforum, but I am not sure how this should work for a new listing?
I was not able to find to change the options that a new listing is not shown by default? That would to the trick. If the admin needs to approve any listing before it is shown - it will be approved after it's paid, but I do not find the switch to turn this on....

Best regards

Last edited:
Follow Listing Moderation Rules in the usergroup permissions

That's what you need to look for. Usergroup Permissions, select each usergroup you want to apply this to and then find the setting Follow Listing Moderation Rules.

Hope that helps.

Hi, I had a look at it and I think we should be possible to solve it with this.

Honestly I didn't know where to find all the options for the plugins, since I didn't find a documentation or a manual. Maybe I overlooked it?

But thanks, there are some more questions coming up, but for that I'll open an new thread.

Best regards M

Most of the settings are in the AdminCP area under the section for DBTech - Classifieds. The others are connected to either usergroup or admin permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back