Legacy The order of the listing doesn't match the checkbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

markoroots

Customer
Hi guys,
I see that the order of the listings in the home page of the plugin is setted to the oldest classified to finish to the newest.
So that the newest classified are at the least of the list.
I have also tried to change the check-box for this setting to "newest to oldest", but nothing change.
What to do?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi guys,
I see that the order of the listings in the home page of the plugin is setted to the oldest classified to finish to the newest.
So that the newest classified are at the least of the list.
I have also tried to change the check-box for this setting to "newest to oldest", but nothing change.
What to do?

Sorry for the delay, was away the weekend, and busy the few days before I left. I'll check into why it's not working. The setting is saving correctly, even if it's not ordering them properly, right?

Matt

Ok thanks. :)
Yes right.
Please if you can see soon why it doesn't work is good, because in this way no one will be interested in post new classified and the plugin cannot work properly.

Ok thanks. :)
Yes right.
Please if you can see soon why it doesn't work is good, because in this way no one will be interested in post new classified and the plugin cannot work properly.

I've just realized what might be the problem. How many Featured Listings have you setup to be displayed on the first page? Featured Listings take priority. If you've got a large amount, then it will ignore listing ordering.

Matt

Last edited:
Hello markoroots,

This ticket has now been closed with the status No Response.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Mokonzi
Hi Matt sorry for delay but I was in merited holiday...

So...
I have few featured items maybe 6.
And are mixed with others normal items (because are few maybe)
but the list of all items is still from the oldest to the newest classifieds (that are shown in the end of the listings).

The setting control to decide if the items must be shown from the oldest to the newest or from the newest to the oldest, isn't working, because if I change setting nothing change and the items are shown always in the same way.

Mokonzi
Hi Matt sorry for delay but I was in merited holiday...

So...
I have few featured items maybe 6.
And are mixed with others normal items (because are few maybe)
but the list of all items is still from the oldest to the newest classifieds (that are shown in the end of the listings).

The setting control to decide if the items must be shown from the oldest to the newest or from the newest to the oldest, isn't working, because if I change setting nothing change and the items are shown always in the same way.

I'd suggest you do some testing to see if you can certainly discount the featured listings. I can't replicate this on my dev setup unless I have featured items, but even then it works as expected.

Can you take a typical page of loaded ads, and then work out which of them are featured, and their date they were listed, and the date they will end. Based on that, compile an example list for me and detail what your exact settings are for that page load. That way I can see more clearly what your problem is in case I'm misunderstanding. :)

Matt

Hi Matt,
as you can see here the last items that the users are loading are placed in the bottom of the list and not in the beginning

classifieds.png

also if I change the way of listing to "Newest to the oldest"

newest.png

Thanks marko, but the images are of only limited help.

Mokonzi said:
Can you take a typical page of loaded ads, and then work out which of them are featured, and their date they were listed, and the date they will end. Based on that, compile an example list for me and detail what your exact settings are for that page load. That way I can see more clearly what your problem is in case I'm misunderstanding.

Without visible dates and times I can't even begin to work out what the problem is.

Mokonzi,
Hi Matt, the problem with the position of the classifieds, is that the plugin put always the listing in the home page of the plugin,
from the oldest (that are placed upside) to the newest (that are placed at the end of the listing page).

The setting in ACP (oldest to newest) or (newest to oldest) doesn't work,

because the classifieds are placed always as (oldest to newest) also if I change setting. :(

I've got visitors here at the moment, but once they're away I'll take a look at some of the settings and run some tests. Hopefully that'll be tomorrow or Monday. :)

Finally figured out the issue here, which is that the ordering setting you mentioned is only used intended for use on the My Listings and My Classifieds page. So I've turned this thread into a feature request and will add an option for the ordering of the main listings on the Classifieds home page.

Hello markoroots,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Implemented.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Hi Mokonzi.

Yes but we still have the version 1 :)
and the plugin in this way is unusable....

We cannot show for first classifieds in the listing the oldest ones and at the end the newest.

Thanks marko, I am working on version 2, I currently have more time so it's moving along quicker. Retrofitting features into version 1 will create more bugs and issues for me at this moment. The plugin is usable as the feature you were looking for was not implemented already but the mod works as intended. In the mean time I believe (I'll need to check to be certain) the search features allows you to reverse the order of listings for any users that do need it ordered differently.

Hello markoroots,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Implemented.

Thank you!

Sorry Matt but the mod doesn't work as intended.

I understand that this might not be working as you expected or as you want, but it is working as 'we' intended it when we built it. So far you are the only user out of everyone who has raised this issue. Through the process of developing version 2 and beyond we'll be looking at more ways that we can allow for customization of the site's home page, but one step at a time for now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back