Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodApples

Customer
I would like an "Author" and "Editor" paradigm, for example.

Author can draft only they have access,
Author can post only Author and Admin/Moderator have access.

Admin/Moderator can promote to CMS Article.

If this is already possible please let me know.
I am looking to have this up and running ASAP ;)

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Okay, this may still might be a nice feature but for what I wish to do I may have found my work around by using the vB Default Moderation Options and setting up a Moderator for the forum. :)

Moderation Options.png

So you want the ability for a user to be able to post an article/thread (like an unapproved thread) and then another usergroup has visibility and permissions to approve it and then publish it?

Sorry, I kept thinking of coming back here to comment but I am just trying to figure out what the product can do!
For the most part I think I go what I need in regards to the "Author" and "Editor" paradigm with the exception of Author to save as a draft.

To simplify I was just looking for users (Authors) to submit and only the Author and the Admin (Editor) could see it.

Again using he vB Default Moderation Options and Forum permissions I was able to accomplish most of it but users can not save it as a draft similar to the vB Blogs allowing the author to work on it without anyone see it.

I still need to play around with things. :)

Last edited:
Currently, I have a Forum Set up using Moderation Options and Forum permissions.
Authors submit to the forum and then it's Promoted to an Article and then Edited by the Editor, then it's Published when it's ready.

Only Author and Editor can view.

I delayed the first round of Articles so I haven't had much practical / real life testing but I will be doing some more testing soon as the Articles start coming in. :)

Currently, I have a Forum Set up using Moderation Options and Forum permissions.
Authors submit to the forum and then it's Promoted to an Article and then Edited by the Editor, then it's Published when it's ready.

Only Author and Editor can view.

I delayed the first round of Articles so I haven't had much practical / real life testing but I will be doing some more testing soon as the Articles start coming in. :)

Sounds good. I'll put this on hold for now. Let me know if you feel there is anything that can be improved on what you are doing, and I'll take another look at it this idea. :)

Oh, Yeah when I say Only Author and Editor can view that refers to the Forum Post.

I am sure there are many ways an "Author" and "Editor" paradigm could be improved but I'm just trying to work with what I have...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back