Again- More Issues regarding lack of Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budget101

Customer
When a user "purchases" the right to change another members username- they don't receive any notification.

1. They cannot login to their original username- so they are no longer able to login at all. - So they don't receive the "Gift Notification" in the "New Username" - so users think they've been deleted and either send nastygrams to the site, or leave altogether.

2. They have no idea what their "New" username is to Login, and since The admin receives No Notice - so they have no idea what the username was changed to.

We're looking into ways of making the username change gift more "friendly" =)

Currently it looks like we'll be adding email notification to the person whose name was changed. Unfortunately vB doesn't seem to have any way for us to change the display name but keep login name the same, which would be ideal really. There might also still be issues with users who have receive emails from admins turned off.

This is just an issue with this particular option really - fortunately the option is (pardon the pun) optional, and you're not forced to use it. Personally i'm not a fan of it, but some customers requested it, so it went in =)

I love peeps being able to change thier own username. One of my fav features of this mod. I have like Cosmic said made it so other users could not change other peeps usernames. I chose giftable no. Works great:)

Status
Not open for further replies.