Bug 2 PM's being sent when outbid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcade King

Customer
Howdy

Just purchased this mod and so far its very nice. We have it in sandbox/testing mode and one thing that has already come up is when you bid on a auction we get sent out 2 PM's saying "Outbid on Listing Brad's Cat" and even if you have winning bid you still get that PM saying you've been outbid.

I did have the lite version installed first and installed the pro over it, could this be a result of that?
Cheers
Travis

I shouldn't imagine so. I'll double check what is causing the issue and see if we can get a fix out. Thanks for the report.

:)

Thank You. We've also noticed when editing ad's you get this message if you don't have a postage option selected "
vBulletin Message
Your item is marked as not a digital item and requires a postage option, please go back and select a valid postage. Go Back.
"
however if you disable Postage Options in Forms you get a blank message just saying
vBulletin Message
Go Back.
We were considering disabling this option so people could just arrange postage via PM which suits our Forum,

There is an option for items to be marked as digital, which you can hide on the form if you want and by default set it to 'Yes' for the system, or uou can set up a global postage that has a value of 0.00 for the currencies you will use. That then lets the users select it as an option. That way if they want to PM postage details they can, though IIRC the system will still require some sort of address from a user. We're looking at changing that slightly in v2 which is under development. :)

Thanks for your reply.

A few other issues.

1. Nothing shows up under "My Listing" and only Items you have won show up in "My Classifieds"
2. We've noticed when editing and saving a featured listing the listing is no longer featured unless you go back to you listing and select "Feature Your Listing"
One of my Mod's pointed out he couldn't make a previous featured ad featured again, he got the error "You already have a featured listing" which wasn't the case. The only work around I could find was going into the Usergroup manager and setting the number of featured ad's higher than 1.

Are there any known conflicts with other mods? We are still testing the mod out and can't really make it live until these issues are sorted.
If you need admin access to our board I'm happy to give it to you.
Cheers
Travis

PS is there any way to disable Auctions?

Thanks matey. Yes, auctions can be disabled from within the Lisiting Type section of the Admin Control Panel. :) You can only access the Listing Type Manager in debug mode from the menu, or by navigating direct to this location in your AdminCP: dbtclassifieds.php?do=listingtypes.

Regarding your other issues:

[1] My Listings displays all your listings from the last 'x' days, which is controlled by the setting Display Cutoff Time. You should still be able to access all your listings from their by using the 'All Listings' link at the top of the My Listings page. My Classifieds will only show listings that that have been 'won', so listings that require the user to do something. It again is subject to displaying a 'x' amount of days based on the Display Cutoff Time setting.

[2] I'll check the Featuring issue, though if the system is telling your a listing is already featured it implies the system is treating it as featured. Is it that it's not visible? Only so many featured listings are displayed at the top of search results and those are selected randomly. IIRC Classifieds doesn't provide you the option to mark a listing as 'featured' when you edit the listing, which is why there is the option to click a link to feature a listing. It would get complicated if we let users 'unfeature' a listing they had a bill for... :)

PS, feel free to open a separate thread for each issue, it will help keep track of where we are with each question and problem. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Classifieds

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
Mokonzi
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back