Legacy We'll take it into consideration for future versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Customer
I put your reply in the thread title so you don't need to answer. :)

These feature requests are no-brainers, I think.

• Widgets/forum blocks
  • Combine the forum thread and comments tab; it's confusing and untidy as it is!
  • Allow categories to set default thread prefixes on auto-created thread. It's a helluva job for the moderators having to chase them down and assign them manually otherwise.
  • Notification if a file you downloaded has been updated
  • All admins to change the user for a file; sometimes you want to upload them on their behalf
  • The no-brainer that's been asked a few times over a year or more - allow sorting of files in a category!
  • A biggy and maybe not do-able - sometimes people add forum attachments, sometime upload to a downloads area. Some way to "promote" a post to the downloads area?
  • Again asked about a year ago - some way to not count each individual file when a download has multiple files. The popular downloads list is just a list of the downloads with the most files, and users have figured that out. They split their download into 10 files so they get 10 times the ranking in the list.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Just to play with your emotions, I'm going to implement a few of these for tonight. That'll teach you to assume! :p

Could you elaborate on "sorting of files in category"? Are you looking for more options, on a per-category basis, or something?

Could you elaborate on "sorting of files in category"? Are you looking for more options, on a per-category basis, or something?

Yeah - sort alphabetically, or manually are probably the two obvious ones, though I imagine some folks would want other criteria.

Manually would be way too difficult to implement and maintain, to be honest. I can look into what other columns can be made sortable, though I can't promise being able to implement that feature tonight.

I'm going to be doing the Change File Owner feature first and foremost, we'll see how much time I have left before it's release time :)

I'm going to be doing the Change File Owner feature first and foremost, we'll see how much time I have left before it's release time :)

That will be surprisingly useful. Instead of asking folks to upload stuff in the downloads area, I can just do it for them.

As a fair few of these have now been implemented, could I ask you to please re-post the rest of them in separate threads? That will make it easier for us to pick the ones that can be implemented sooner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back