Question Warm Standby Site Not Working After DBSEO Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

neounix

Customer
Hi.

We just upgraded Unix & Linux Forums to the latest version of DBSEO.

Our backup site is at another IP address and the hostname is linode.unix.com , which is not accessible from the public, we only keep it configured in case our main site UNIX & Linux Forums dies and then we must change IP address, etc... it's a "warm standby"

It used to work fine with DBSEO, but now if we do not disable DBSEO, the standby (linode.unix.com) always redirects us back to Unix & Linux Forums... but if I disable DBSEO and it works normally.

I am guessing there is some flag that ties the DBSEO license to Unix & Linux Forums so that is why it is not redirecting?

If so, please tell me how we keep our "warm standby" warm?

BTW: The Site URL is changed in the warm standby to linode.unix.com (was before and is now) but that does not make a difference. DBSEO is redirecting the site to UNIX & Linux Forums even though the warm standby (for testing purposes) has linode.unix.com (and not UNIX & Linux Forums) as the Forum URL an d Home Page URL.

I asked this question in March, and you said it a problem with VB Options, but this is not the case (see above).

Thanks!

The only way this could happen would be if there was a .htaccess redirect or a 301 Redirect defined in the mod that would cause this redirect.

That being said, if you want me to inspect for code changes between versions, you need to tell me what version you upgraded from.

Hi.

Well, forgot to tell you that the way we build this warm standby is to do MySQL dump of the entire side and upload to the standby site. I have a plugin that automatically detects the IP address so it changes the site URL and forum home page. However, sometimes I just disable the plugins and do it manually.

Do you think it might be a DBSEO caching issue since we upload all the DBSEO DB tables from one site to the other?

Anyway, I just took a look at the DBSEO tables and there is no caching tables, so that would not be the issue, I don't think:

dbtech_dbseo_adminmessage
dbtech_dbseo_keyword
dbtech_dbseo_resolvedurl
dbtech_dbseo_sitemapbuildlog
dbtech_dbseo_sitemapdata
dbtech_dbseo_sitemaplog
dbtech_dbseo_sitemapurl
dbtech_dbseo_spiderlog
dbtech_dbseo_urlhistory

And regarding your comment:

"The only way this could happen would be if there was a .htaccess redirect or a 301 Redirect defined in the mod that would cause this redirect. "

I also thought the same way, but the site works perfectly if I disable your plugin and leave all other plugins enabled. So there is no issue with apache.conf or .htaccess etc. because if there was an issue, it would be affect the site even when your plugin in turned off.

Cheers.

Hmmmm.

OK... I woke up this morning and now it is working.

Please keep this support thread open as this problem happens often.

Thanks.

What cache systems are employed on your site? By default, DBSEO will work with all of vBulletin's built-in data store cachers, and if you are using this functionality in vBulletin then you must also make sure your dumper script flushes whatever data store cacher you are using.

Hello neounix,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings