Bug VBMail doesn't seem to be capturing bounced mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
We use noreply for our mailing list, but you can use the SMTP override settings to send the emails from your webmaster email account if you like. We have a postmaster account that we use to login to the SMTP server with.

I was thinking if I sent out my really big monthly email from the noreply address that all of those out of office messages, etc. would end up going to the no reply email address instead of my webmaster address.

However, sometimes I get emails from people that simply say "Unsubscribe" in the message title or the message body because the person either didn't see the unsubscribe link, or they tried the unsubscribe link and it didn't work. (I have a couple of users who said they tried it and it took them to a vbmail page but there were no mailing lists listed on the page to unsubscribe from, not sure if it was their browser or what)

If I used the noreply email then I would never see those manual responses and people might get ticked off they weren't able to unsubscribe in some way. Just a thought... maybe use the webmaster for a couple of more mailings then use the noreply from there on out...

It's normal to just see a vBMail page when they click the link, as they will already be unsubscribed :)

That being said, if you want to confirm their unsubscription, you can turn on the feedback page via the vBOptions (I believe I made that a toggle-able setting), which will definitely 100% let them know they've been unsubscribed.

vBMail emails support Google's auto unsubscribe feature, so the people who reply with "Unsubscribe" should probably use that or simply find the word Unsubscribe in the email :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBMail

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back