Bug VBMail doesn't seem to be capturing bounced mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenDude

Customer
Although I believe I have everything configured correctly for bounced email, it doesn't seem to be capturing any bounced email, I don't know if this is because vbmail isn't working correctly, or if it is a gmail issue or something else. Can you assist?

If you go to the Scheduled Tasks page, and manually run vBMail's Collect Bounced Mail task, what's the output on the screen?

In that case, there are no errors and no bounced mail to collect. Make sure vBMail's bounced mail IMAP settings match the email you entered in vBulletin's "Bounce Email Address" under Email Options.

It does, that's what is perplexing, I can log into that email account on gmail and see bounced emails in that account, but vbmail doesn't seem to be logging into the account and seeing them despite me copying the login password, server, etc. from the gmail setup. Do you need access to my admincp to troubleshoot?

Sent the information but have not received any reply back or response here. Is someone working to solve this issue?

I will post back when I have more information for you. If I don't get to it this weekend, I'll get to it when I am back in the office on Monday.

I replied to your PM with specific info and a screen capture showing the info you need. Let me know if you need anything else or if you were able to get in and fix the issue so I can use vbmail again and send out another newsletter... thx...

After disabling your error ignore functions, we're now seeing the error that was hidden. I will PM you the details.

For the future, please do not skip errors or turn off error displays when reporting issues, as it causes a huge delay in resolving your issue. Thank you :)

Ok I did not turn off error reporting, but right now my site is showing other errors that are causing usability issues, where do I turn error ignore back on for the time being? I'm assuming my developer must have turned it off in the past, but please leave things the way you found them, after turning error reporting ON and then capturing the info you needed, please turn it back off. Now I need to find out where to do that so my site goes back to normal...

Ok I found it was the config.php file that has that in it so I renamed the config.php that you edited to config_vbmail.php and I restored the config.php to how it was previously.

Also as a heads up I just took my phone and set up a new email address on my Android phone in the default mail client for the donotreply@planet-9.com account and put in all the gmail server settings username (full email address - I noticed that the vbmail settings just had donotreply as opposed to donotreply@planet-9.com for the username so I just changed it in the vbmail settings) and password and that worked and the emails show up on my phone now. So I know the credentials for the email account are correct.

Since I just "fixed" that one in the vbmail settings I am going to try and run the test for bounced email and see what happens. Feel free to run a test yourself if need be. Actually I'm going to run the cron job first... then maybe the bounced mail test.

I think we may have some success, I ran the cron job and got back these results:

DragonByte Tech: vBMail - Collect Bounced Mail

Collected Message: 5

Collected Message: 6

Collected Message: 8

Collected Message: 9

Collected Message: 12

Collected Message: 14

Collected Message: 15

Collected Message: 20

Collected Message: 22

Mail Collected

Done