Bug Purchase event issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just FYI if you're curious, I got my version of credits + shop launched to my overall forum's userbase this weekend (before now I was only testing it out using a few people with proper permissions).

It seems to be going well so far, with a few normal snafu's on my part but nothing major to report.

I have a couple of things to request, but I could make another thread about it if that's how you'd rather handle it.
Apologies if this stuff is in there already and I'm missing it.

-It'd be nice if you could add a setting so that users can see an item they own, but can't discard it. I've gotten around this limitation by making it a stealth item. This would be useful for items that are 'punitive' or undesirable in nature. IE: A user receives an item and they can see it and others can see it, but can't discard it and then get rid of the undesirable effect.

-Sellback change. Right now it seems you set a limit on how long before an item can be sold back. Would it be possible to make it behave in the opposite way? Like, a user buys an item, they can sell it back for a period of say 24 hours, but after that they can't. This would combat a user being able to buy an item, see its benefit for a time, and then sell it back later and get something else.

EDIT: 1 more thing!

-There's items that allow you to add a color to a post's background. Would it be possible to add an item that adds an image to a post's background in the same way? Maybe with a slider to set the opacity.

I'm sure I'll think of something else over time, and I hope you don't mind the feedback :)

-It'd be nice if you could add a setting so that users can see an item they own, but can't discard it. I've gotten around this limitation by making it a stealth item. This would be useful for items that are 'punitive' or undesirable in nature. IE: A user receives an item and they can see it and others can see it, but can't discard it and then get rid of the undesirable effect.
That's what the stealth item feature was designed for, there's no plans to change this at this time.

-Sellback change. Right now it seems you set a limit on how long before an item can be sold back. Would it be possible to make it behave in the opposite way? Like, a user buys an item, they can sell it back for a period of say 24 hours, but after that they can't. This would combat a user being able to buy an item, see its benefit for a time, and then sell it back later and get something else.
The way you describe is how the sellback limit works :)

-There's items that allow you to add a color to a post's background. Would it be possible to add an item that adds an image to a post's background in the same way? Maybe with a slider to set the opacity.
I'll split this part off into a Feature Request thread.

Hello @Lightning Lord Rule,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating