Bug Notifications - URL not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimei

Customer
Hello,

I am uncertain of the correct operation here. Instead of receiving a forum notification the users receive a private message. Also in admin cp the notifications and email are selected no to not receive them, but people are still receiving them. Lastly, in the notification (private message), the url is not working. I attached a screen shot of the problem url:

Untitled.jpg

Thanks,
William

Instead of receiving a forum notification the users receive a private message.
This is working as intended. At the time of creation, modifications did not have the ability to create custom notifications. After 3+ years of waiting for this functionality to be implemented, I gave up waiting and I haven't checked back to see if it's now possible.

Also in admin cp the notifications and email are selected no to not receive them, but people are still receiving them.
Are you sure that's emails from this mod, and not emails that they have received a new private message?

Lastly, in the notification (private message), the url is not working.
That is not a problem in this mod, as we do not integrate with forum notifications in any way, shape or form. If that popup is vBulletin default, and not made by a modification, I would recommend opening a Jira ticket reporting this as a bug in vBulletin 5.

This is working as intended. At the time of creation, modifications did not have the ability to create custom notifications. After 3+ years of waiting for this functionality to be implemented, I gave up waiting and I haven't checked back to see if it's now possible.

Are you sure that's emails from this mod, and not emails that they have received a new private message?

That is not a problem in this mod, as we do not integrate with forum notifications in any way, shape or form. If that popup is vBulletin default, and not made by a modification, I would recommend opening a Jira ticket reporting this as a bug in vBulletin 5.

The mod is creating a private message that the user has received a thanks. The notification is a private message which sends an email back to the user, even if they have receive emails disabled and the email and integration is turned off in admin cp. This only is the case with the thanks product.

Edit: notifications are disabled if the user changes it in their own personal notifications/profile settings. That is the dragonbyte personal settings in profile notifications, however, they still receive an email of the private message. Mind you, I have the vbulletin integration turned off.

Last edited:
The mod is creating a private message that the user has received a thanks. The notification is a private message which sends an email back to the user, even if they have receive emails disabled and the email and integration is turned off in admin cp. This only is the case with the thanks product.

Edit: notifications are disabled if the user changes it in their own personal notifications/profile settings. That is the dragonbyte personal settings in profile notifications, however, they still receive an email of the private message. Mind you, I have the vbulletin integration turned off.
Right, but we don't control whether someone receives an email when they receive a new PM. I don't believe we have any way of disabling that.

This mod has its own separate notification setting which will email the user when they receive a thanks, but that's 100% independent of the PM.

I am aware that this makes it possible for people to receive two emails (one from this mod, and one from vBulletin stating they have a new PM), but that is a quirk of vB5.

I can take another look over the weekend to see whether it's possible for us to create custom notifications yet.

Right, but we don't control whether someone receives an email when they receive a new PM. I don't believe we have any way of disabling that.

This mod has its own separate notification setting which will email the user when they receive a thanks, but that's 100% independent of the PM.

I am aware that this makes it possible for people to receive two emails (one from this mod, and one from vBulletin stating they have a new PM), but that is a quirk of vB5.

I can take another look over the weekend to see whether it's possible for us to create custom notifications yet.

Fair enough, that would be great.

As is right now, I'll receive a lot of disgruntle messages if a person receives email every time they are thanked in some way when the settings are turned off.

If you are not able to create a custom notification rather than a private message may I request that all notifications, private messages, and email are "killed' from the product? And that the profile page from dbtech thanks settings is removed?

We can't really remove those notifications as it would cause all our other customers and their users to complain, sorry :(

I'll post back when I've had a look and let you know whether I can get a notification implemented :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced Post Thanks / Like

vBulletin 5.0.x vBulletin 5.1.x vBulletin 5.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back