Bug Members not being credited & credits mysteriously disappearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfarmer2001

Customer
I was using the previous versions of Dragonbyte Credits and Dragonbyte Shop until I renewed my subscription here a couple of days ago. I downloaded the most recent updates for the addon and replaced them in Xenforo as you normally would. However, ever since the addons were updated to the newest version, I have received a lot of complaints from members of my forum stating that they are not earning cash accordingly. I verified the crediting logs, and I saw that members were not being credited for their posts even though everything was set up the same as it has been, we even moved the daily limit from $1.05 to $3.00, and everyone is still experiencing the crediting issue. Some individuals are receiving partial credit, whereas others are not receiving any credit (both groups of users have not reached the daily limit, they just aren't receiving credit period). Secondly, all members have noticed a random decrease in their account balance (including myself), the amount decreased from the account balances are all random amounts and not a set number amount. With this being said, I have many individuals who are now showing a negative balance instead of a positive one.

I am not certain what has caused these issues. Nothing has changed, everything is still appearing to be set up as it has been, but these issues began directly after updating to the most recent version of the credits addon. The addon has been disabled and reenabled with no success. We have removed events and have added them again with no success. Nothing appears to be working. Even the daily activity event isn't registering and giving members their daily incentives.

I'm the owner of the Forum where this is happening. @dfarmer2001 is the license holder for the site.
But I will add to this.

We first started noticing issues right after we upgraded to the newest version of the add-ons. Before I go further, nothing else was changed in any of the settings anywhere. I doubled checked all logs.

1) Daily login bonus doesn't work anymore.
2) Daily Limit is not working. (We set a daily limit to $1.05, and people are getting skipped once they reach $0.8 for example sometimes a lot fewer)
3) Massive amounts of cash started disappearing. (With no logs behind it at all)

In the transaction logs we are getting
"Skipped (maximum applications)"

Even though the user is nowhere near their daily limit.

I've noticed in the change log the following:

Fix: The currency setting "Maximum Earned" did not work as intended
Change: Rework Daily Activity,

I'm wondering if whatever was done is affecting the issues that seem to be directly related to the changes/fixes.

Edit:
Upon looking at your forums, it seems other users are having issues too:

Last edited:
So the missing credits hasn't happened since the initial topic creation after we have done some backups and restored some credits.
However, users still aren't being able to reach their daily limit before they are getting skipped over for "maximum applications" is applied. @Fillip H. could you please look into this? It is fundamentally breaking the premise of our website.

This is definitely a bug. We have the same issue as well, the credits are disappearing with no reason.
1673205745768.png

There are no actions that could justify this. No posts/threads removed or anything at the admin/mod end that could explain this.
We have no addons at all that could modify dbtech credits table (we've scanned the source code of each addon) so don't consider 3rd party addons on this case.

Last edited:
So the missing credits hasn't happened since the initial topic creation after we have done some backups and restored some credits.
However, users still aren't being able to reach their daily limit before they are getting skipped over for "maximum applications" is applied. @Fillip H. could you please look into this? It is fundamentally breaking the premise of our website.
After looking through the logs, and reading some of the changes to the addon, it seems the maximum earned was edited to be like a "rolling" event.

Why was this changed? Theres to many issues with this type of system instead of it just resetting say at midnight.

Are you using the default currency column? If you're using a column touched by another add-on, that could explain why they might be disappearing.

There is no functionality in this add-on that can decrease a user's balance without it being logged.

Are you using the default currency column? If you're using a column touched by another add-on, that could explain why they might be disappearing.
We don't have any addons that are modifying the column. In fact, the name of your column has the prefix of dbtech_credits so there is no way it could be modifed, taking into account SQL needs the column name to be specified when a query is done.

There is no functionality in this add-on that can decrease a user's balance without it being logged.
I'm reporting a bug, not a functionality. So please, be more active at troubleshoothing this issue. You even didn't ask for login or any information that could help you to verify this.

I'm reporting a bug, not a functionality. So please, be more active at troubleshoothing this issue. You even didn't ask for login or any information that could help you to verify this.
What I'm saying is, there is no piece of code in DB Credits that modifies the currency columns without going through the transaction logging process.

If you would like me to be more active at troubleshooting this issue, please provide the step-by-step instructions for how to replicate this issue and I will replicate it either locally or ask for login information to help resolve it :)

Hello @dfarmer2001,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

What I'm saying is, there is no piece of code in DB Credits that modifies the currency columns without going through the transaction logging process.

If you would like me to be more active at troubleshooting this issue, please provide the step-by-step instructions for how to replicate this issue and I will replicate it either locally or ask for login information to help resolve it :)

I don't know how to replicate the issue, it happens from time to time in my forum, and, as you can see in the picture, the DB credits is modified without going through the transaction logging process.

I can give you the access if you need it

Without a way to replicate it, what good would access to your site do? I want this to be fixed as much as you do, but the fact still remains: this affects a very small amount of users, and until such a time as someone can work out a pattern, access to someone's site would be pointless.

Sorry I couldn't bring better news :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 4 ratings