Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe my expectations are unreasonable, but we use the Thanks/Like button like you would on Facebook (of course). With that in mind, when you click "LIKE" for a post, there is a considerable pause (1... possibly 2 seconds), before the like registers and the page refreshes to show you liked the post. Again, maybe my expectations are wrong, but I feel that this should be an instant response and have has members click several times (in essence turning a like on and off again) because they didn't think it was actually functioning.

Is this how the LIKES system works for everyone or is this possibly something on my end?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Unfortunately due to the fact that this mod updates way more content on the screen than just a counter, it's not feasible to make it work in the same manner Facebook does.

1-2 second delay is perfectly normal and it is unreasonable to expect it to work differently.

The reason why there is a perceived delay is the fact that when you click a button, the mod has to send the click to the server, receive confirmation it was applied successfully, then refresh the entire post.
It needs to do this because the mod has a lot of functionality that depends on it working this way - we can't assume that a button click was applied successfully.

Functionality such as the [HIDE] tag depends on the data being validated. We can't un-hide content based on an assumed accepted button click, then re-hide it if there was an error. That would leave the system wide open to exploitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back