Feature Request Integrate with other Ad networks like Google Adsense

Website
http://www.cruisin.me
Forum version
vBulletin 4.2.x
#1
It would be nice to see this mod have the ability to integrate other ad publishing networks.

The easiest solution in my mind would be this way:
1) Have an option per ad location to use an outside publishing network as default - yes/no
2) If yes, have block to input code for that network for this ad location.
3) If yes, Assume this publishing network will get 100% of the ad rotations.
4) Then for each subsequent ad spot sold for this ad location have a % setting. This percent setting will be the percentage of time this sold ad will display in this location, the remaining percentage will be for other sold ads at this location, then the default publishing network will cover the rest until 100% is covered. You could also show a "Percent Available" at this setting so admins can easily see what is currently available. Possibly list other ads at this location at the bottom of the page with their current percentages.
 
#3
It would be nice to see this mod have the ability to integrate other ad publishing networks.

The easiest solution in my mind would be this way:
1) Have an option per ad location to use an outside publishing network as default - yes/no
2) If yes, have block to input code for that network for this ad location.
3) If yes, Assume this publishing network will get 100% of the ad rotations.
4) Then for each subsequent ad spot sold for this ad location have a % setting. This percent setting will be the percentage of time this sold ad will display in this location, the remaining percentage will be for other sold ads at this location, then the default publishing network will cover the rest until 100% is covered. You could also show a "Percent Available" at this setting so admins can easily see what is currently available. Possibly list other ads at this location at the bottom of the page with their current percentages.
I've had some additional inquires from advertisers and I'd like to be able to use this product to handle them.

Now with the Google Adsense integration/option this may be something you can take a look at again.

The issue I have is that currently if I sell an ad spot to an advertiser that advertiser is going to get 100% of the views for the specific ad location sold with the way the mod works currently. That means my users will be staring at the same ad over and over until it has run its course then it would fall back to Google Adsense.

What I'd like to be able to do is balance this out (not all one, then the other). I would like to be able to set a "max percentage of the impressions" that a sold ad is placed into a sold ad location. If set to "10%" then one in every ten impressions of that ad location will show the sold ad the other 90% will be filled with Google Adsense.

Other options that would come in handy would be:
a) Advertiser settings for - max impressions and max clicks per day
b) Admin settings for - max impressions and max clicks per day (that could be less than the advertiser set ones, but not override them (be more than).

This way if someone buys a certain number of clicks or impressions for a spot and wants to be able to spread them out over a month/3 months/6 months etc. this isn't currently possible.

Without the above options implemented if someone buys 50,000 impressions for a spot and wants to be able to spread them out over a month they couldn't. It that spot gets 10,000 impressions a day, they would be done in 5 days. With the options above implemented they would be able to set a max impressions per day to 1700 then they'd automatically get their ad spread out over 30 days.

The hierarchy of limitations would be:
1) Admin setting for ad - max percentage of impressions in ad location
2) Advertiser setting for ad - max clicks or max impressions
3) Admin setting for ad - max clicks or max impressions
 
#5
Any further thoughts on this?

I would really like to use the mod, but I just can't give up on already established incoming revenue from Google Adsense. Without more of an integration with it I would be losing money in locations with only direct sold ads.

Many of my pages are daily visits for some users and having the ability to offer both Google Adsense's normal ad rotation and direct sold ads (DBTECH Forum Ad Sales) intermixing at the same time in the same location I believe would give me and others the highest possible revenue. This would also eliminate the possibility of "stale ads" (the same direct sold ad(s) appearing over and over in one location).
 

DragonByte Forum Ads [Hostboard]

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
2
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Top