Question How do I

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringnews24

Customer
I bought the pro version.

My shoutbox used to be at the top of everypage. How its not how do I fix that?

Active users at right side only says my name even though there are other users in the shoutbox.

Custom commands are working but soon as I say type - /finalwarning username it doesn't work

(Pro) Minimum Posts Per Day The minimum amount of posts per day (as seen in the member profile) before someone of any usergroup can access the Shoutbox.

When I change this to 3 no one can post on the shoutbox apart from admin even if they has posted 3+ times.

How do I make the 3 post count rule work for all admin as well?

My shoutbox used to be at the top of everypage. How its not how do I fix that?
To put vBShout in a custom location, do the following:

Step 1: AdminCP -> DBTech - vBShout-> Instance Management -> [Edit].

Step 2: Change the Auto-Display Shoutbox setting to Disabled.

Step 3: Write down the the Varname setting. For the default shoutbox, it's instance1. The rest of this guide will assume you replace instance1 with the actual Varname if it is different.

Step 4: Enter the Style Manager and add either {vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1} (vB4) or {$show[vbshout_instance1]} (vB3) to the templates you wish the shoutbox to appear in.

Follow these steps as described and you will have total control over the position of the Shoutbox.

To put the shoutbox on every page, edit the navbar template.

Active users at right side only says my name even though there are other users in the shoutbox.
The other users may have flagged themselves as Invisible.

Custom commands are working but soon as I say type - /finalwarning username it doesn't work
Can you please provide more information than "Doesn't work"? Do you receive an error message? Is the output different than what you expected and if so, what is the output and what did you expect it to be? Can you screenshot the configuration?

(Pro) Minimum Posts Per Day The minimum amount of posts per day (as seen in the member profile) before someone of any usergroup can access the Shoutbox.

When I change this to 3 no one can post on the shoutbox apart from admin even if they has posted 3+ times.

How do I make the 3 post count rule work for all admin as well?
You want the "(Pro) Minimum Posts" setting. As per the description, the setting you're trying to change is posts per day, not total posts.

The other users may have flagged themselves as Invisible.

Everyone on the forum is like this including myself.

Can you please provide more information than "Doesn't work"? Do you receive an error message? Is the output different than what you expected and if so, what is the output and what did you expect it to be? Can you screenshot the configuration?.

When I type /firstwarning

This appeared - This is your final warning for breaking the shoutbox rules. If you continue to repeatedly break the rules this will result in you being banned from the shoutbox and possibly the forum.

When I type /firstwarning members name ie. (/firstwarning Ton)

Nothing appears

When I typed /firstwarning Ton I expected it to let that member know hes hard a warning. Instead no ones knows who the warning is for.

You want the "(Pro) Minimum Posts" setting. As per the description, the setting you're trying to change is posts per day, not total posts.

I wanted members who have posted 3 times in one day to be able to use the shoutbox. Is there an option for that? Is the option you are talking about average posts per day?

Everyone on the forum is like this including myself.
When you visit the shoutbox, do you see a yellow light next to the Shout button? It's grey if you've not shouted or performed any administrative actions, and green if you're flagged as active.

When I type /firstwarning

This appeared - This is your final warning for breaking the shoutbox rules. If you continue to repeatedly break the rules this will result in you being banned from the shoutbox and possibly the forum.

When I type /firstwarning members name ie. (/firstwarning Ton)

Nothing appears

When I typed /firstwarning Ton I expected it to let that member know hes hard a warning. Instead no ones knows who the warning is for.
Create this custom command:

Command Input: /firstwarning
Chat Output: /pm {1}; This is your final warning for breaking the shoutbox rules. If you continue to repeatedly break the rules this will result in you being banned from the shoutbox and possibly the forum.
Use Parameter: Tick this box

That will send a shoutbox PM to the user receiving the first warning.

I wanted members who have posted 3 times in one day to be able to use the shoutbox. Is there an option for that? Is the option you are talking about average posts per day?
No. Average posts per day of 3 means that a member would need to have posted 3 or more posts for every single day they have been registered on the forum. For instance, if someone has been registered for 30 days, they will need 90 or more posts to see the shoutbox. 60 days, 180 posts. 120 days, 360 posts. Etc.

Top of Every page = Fixed
Commands = Fixed

Thanks Fillip H.

Active users

Screenshot https://tmpdmp.com/i/cc1e0fdad0d81ce4/6d0cee1f3e436bad

When members are posting on the shoutbox their usernames do not show up nor does mines.

Posts per day

Screenshot - https://tmpdmp.com/fa076890a871372e/200da639fb97fcc3

I want users to post 3 times per day (within 24 hour period) to be able to use the shoutbox. When this is set to 3 even after 3 posts only admin can use the shoutbox.

Shoutbox to thread

Archive Thread Dump Forum - Set to a forum category but I have yet to see a thread/post.

Last edited:
Active users

Screenshot https://tmpdmp.com/i/cc1e0fdad0d81ce4/6d0cee1f3e436bad

When members are posting on the shoutbox their usernames do not show up nor does mines.
Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Posts per day

Screenshot - https://tmpdmp.com/fa076890a871372e/200da639fb97fcc3

I want users to post 3 times per day (within 24 hour period) to be able to use the shoutbox. When this is set to 3 even after 3 posts only admin can use the shoutbox.
That cannot be done, as per my previous post.

Shoutbox to thread

Archive Thread Dump Forum - Set to a forum category but I have yet to see a thread/post.
You need to manually generate the dumps by going to the Archive and ticking the boxes for the shouts you want to export, then click Create Conversation Thread.

Sorry for the delay on the on-site support, I've been massively busy this week :(

The Active Users issue was due to an incorrect setting in the Instance Management, the Timeout setting was set to /. I changed it to 0 and it now works as intended :)

Sorry for the delay on the on-site support, I've been massively busy this week :(

The Active Users issue was due to an incorrect setting in the Instance Management, the Timeout setting was set to /. I changed it to 0 and it now works as intended :)

Thanks Fillip H..

No problem with regards to the time it wasn't a major problem.

Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings