Bug File thumbnails ignore DB record

Status
Not open for further replies.

benFF

Customer
I can't quite work out how your file thumbnails should work.

After an import, I have all the thumbnail files in my downloads folder, with the "image" field in the database being correctly named for this.

However, the code seems to look in the /picturestorage folder, with the filenames being auto generated and totally different - it doesn't seem to even look at the DB field.

Which one is supposed to be correct?

Last edited:
Ok, found the code to generate file thumbnails, but it looks at records in the download_file tables.

All my downloads_download records have "image" set - but the importer seems to ignore these.

Ok, found the code to generate file thumbnails, but it looks at records in the download_file tables.

All my downloads_download records have "image" set - but the importer seems to ignore these.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying here. Can you please clarify?

Yes sorry, I described that really badly :)

Ok, here goes again.

In DownloadsII, a lot of my files had thumbnails.
When running the importer, these thumbnails were moved along with the actual download files into the "downloads" folder.
The dbtech_downloads_download record for these downloads has the "image" field correctly set to the relevant thumbnail filename (which is in the downloads folder)
However, the display pages (where the thumbnails should show up, for example listing pages) show a "No Thumbnail" image.
It seems therefore that the "image" field is actually just ignored?

If you edit a download that has such an image, can you confirm whether the "thumbnail" box is also checked? That's mandatory in order for the system to recognise it as a thumbnail.

In the downloads_file table?

No, none have thumbail set to anything other than one.

However - newly uploaded GIF images which DO have a working thumbnail (and also the IMAGE path set in the downloads_download table) are showing correctly.

Just to be clear, the thumbnails in the "downloads" folder - do NOT have database records. Do thumbnails for non image files need to be uploaded as separate files into a download?

Did you import from DL2 prior to the latest update of vBDownloads? If so, the behaviour you describe is how the importer worked, and there's no way to retroactively fix it.

You would need to either reinstall vBDownloads and manually clean out its download directory (which should be separate from the download directory from DL2) before re-importing using the latest version, or manually edit each old file and upload its thumbnail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back