Bug Fatal error after brand new install on Import Products page

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilaryl

Customer
Hi,

I just purchased the Pro license for vBActivity & Awards.

Followed all instructions as per the Readme text file.

After uploading all the files in the 'upload' folder, I went into our admincp and clicked the 'add/import option' under 'Manage Products'.

I uploaded the XML file from the 'vB4' folder as we are running vBulletin 4.1.9 Patch Level 4

The process started and the I could see it was updating the version numbers (creating/altering tables etc.)

At the end there was an error. See below:

Code:
Updating Version Number To: 3.1.7
 - Updated Table: vb3_dbtech_vbactivity_type

Fatal error: Call to undefined method vBulletinHook::init() in /home/username/public_html/subdirectory/forums/admincp/plugin.php on line 2482

Our forum is still running and I can see the vBActivity & Awards plugin under 'Installed Products'.

I am hoping someone can advise as to what has caused this Fatal error and what I should do?

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Thanks,
Taylor

That is a vBulletin file, not related to this product, and I've never seen it happen before. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(

Hey,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I understand that the plugin.php file is a vBulletin file, but the plug-in install is using that file, and is getting to line 2482 before it is finding an issue.

That particular line in plugin.php has a comment above it that reads:

"// enable any hooks -- this is mainly necessary for importing templates (template_safe_functions hook)"

Would vBActivity be calling any hooks that could be conflicting with something?

Thanks

No, and the error is with the vBulletin initialisation. It never actually goes so far as to execute any hooks.

Thanks Fillip H.,

I took the issue to vbulletin.org and they suggested that our version of plugin.php was older than our vBulletin version.

Which was the case - not sure how it lasted so long being an older version.

After updating the plugin.php file the installation was successful.

I appreciate your quick replies in moving this forward for us.

Cheers,
Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating