Question Excluded Settings for Super PM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

1MoreGoodGuy

Customer
I'm running vb 4.2.4 and I recently installed Super PM Pro (upgraded from lite to pro this morning) and I'm trying to create a usergroup that can only PM (send & receive) with the Staff and no other groups.

When I going into the settings for Excluded I have it set as follows:

Active = Yes

User groups excluded = "No PM Privileges" (that's the title of my usergroup that I want to have limited PM abilities)

Allow reply to staff = Yes

Staff Usergroups (this where I'm having the issue)...

I check the boxes next to: Administrators, Asst. Administrators, Moderators, Sr. Moderators

I click "Save"

It saves and refreshes the page and none of the staff boxes are checked.

How do I correct this issue?

Also, the branding at the bottom of the forum still says "lite"

Last edited:
I missed uploading a few files when upgrading to Pro.

I uploaded the files and the branding now shows that I'm running Pro.

I was able to save the Staff usergroups.

My restricted usergroup "No PM Privileges" is now able to reply to PMs from the Staff but is unable to initiate a PM conversation with the Staff.

How can I get this usergroup to be able to initiate a PM to a Staff member?

According to the setting title, it's only intended to allow you to reply to staff PMs, not initiate PMs to staff members, sorry :(

According to the setting title, it's only intended to allow you to reply to staff PMs, not initiate PMs to staff members, sorry :(

Don't you think it is important for all members to be able to contact the Forum Staff via PM?

Members who aren't permitted to PM with other members should at least have the ability to PM the Staff.

One would think "Super PM's" would allow all member to initiate a PM conversation with the Forum Staff.

I can't believe DragonByte chose to make communicating with the Forum Staff an impossibility for members who have restricted PM privileges.

You ought to make this part of your next upgrade.

Hello 1MoreGoodGuy,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSuper PM's

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings