Question Error: user not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlrsfan

Customer
Odd error. Just one member is having an issue sending a private message to only one member. That receiving member receives messages from others without issue. So just one member (A) can't send a message to (B), but no issue sending to me or other members.

The even when directly attempting to send a message right from within someone's profile:

ryzMkTml.png

I just purchased and installed the pro version yesterday. And I'm using version 1.2.3 on vBulletin 4.2.5

This wasn't brought to my attention until last night. Is this a known error of something obvious causing it?

This is because the user attempting to send the message is using MacOS with "Smart quotes" turned on and incorrectly configured. This transforms the apostrophe ' into a forward tick.

1602492947084.png

This is not a bug.

Excellent. I have forwarded the message along and will test again. Never thought of that as a non-Mac user. Thanks much for such a quick answer, Filllip!

Hello @stlrsfan,

We hope your ticket regarding vBSuper PM's has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @stlrsfan,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding vBSuper PM's has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBSuper PM's

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating