Bug duplicate copyright in footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshcurrier

Customer
Starting with 2.0.12 I'm getting the footer copyright line twice. I upgraded to 2.0.13 this morning and it's still doing it.

Also, your forum settings auto-generate more tags than you have allowed in a new thread.

Attachments

• 7-29-2015 9-11-47 AM.png
    7-29-2015 9-11-47 AM.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 2
What modifications have you installed since this started happening? This is not an issue I can replicate.

I just selectively disabled each of my active plugins one at a time to see if it had any affect on this issue, but it didn't. I also compared my footer template against the default template for relevant changes and there were none (only additions, such as the Viglink banner shown in the screenshot above).

It's uh...multiplying now. Three times it's showing up and I haven't touched it since yesterday. I haven't been able to figure out how that's actually getting inserted into the footer, which is limiting my ability to do any real troubleshooting.

New England Street Riders

Last edited:
Could you please create and PM me with a temporary AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new AdminCP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues. It should ideally be a temporary account created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it

Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 11.17.33 AM.png

Same problem here..only thing changed recently was tapatalk update. Seems to be adding 1 line a day..I'm up to 4 now.

DragonByte SEO v1.4.4
vBulletin 4.2.2 Patch Level 4

Last edited:
View attachment 6573

Same problem here..only thing changed recently was tapatalk update. Seems to be adding 1 line a day..I'm up to 4 now.

DragonByte SEO v1.4.4
vBulletin 4.2.2 Patch Level 4

I've updated both vb & dbSeo to latest versions and still having the same issue. After the upgrades it is now showing 2 lines. Any fix for this yet?

Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 11.36.13 AM.png

It happened on two of my sites. Updates were vBShout v6.2.11pl1 and Tapatalk 5.5.7
I have tried disabling both products but, it not correct it... I was getting ready to upgrade
to 4.2.3 as I am running 4.2.2pl4 now. vB 4.2.3 won't run without the latest version 5.5.7
of tapatalk. If I find more specifics I will post.

Regards,
Rick

Update. I found out that only one of the sites has the vBShout plugin but the other
one is also having the same problem and only has vBNavTabs which was not updated.
So the only thing in common now is the tapatalk update.

Could you please try disabling Tapatalk to see if that resolves it?

Also, I apologise for the delay in getting to this ticket. This weekend has been crazy busy for me in my personal life, and I've been too exhausted after the fact to do much in terms of work.

If the Tapatalk update does not affect this issue, I'll check it out @ your site tomorrow :)

I tried disabling tapatalk but it doesn't seem to help. I thought I saw it work that way
once but I have been unable to repeat it by cycling the enable flag. I do believe it is
the tapatalk plugins causing the problem though.

I tried disabling tapatalk but it doesn't seem to help. I thought I saw it work that way
once but I have been unable to repeat it by cycling the enable flag. I do believe it is
the tapatalk plugins causing the problem though.
I had the same results, disabling didn't change the issue. It does seem that a Tapatalk update is the common thread here though.

I've gotten this to work by going to vBulletin Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Disable Content Caching to Yes -> Save -> set it back to No -> Save.

The strange part, I did try clearing the system cache, which had no effect.

I will investigate further what exactly that setting does, but for now, this is the workaround.

Update: joshcurrier could you please disable XCache's File Cache (xcache.size = 0) then restart Apache?

It's likely this is a cause of this issue, at the very least it's preventing me from debugging this correctly.

I've fixed the issue, it's a bug in how Tapatalk save their "Smart Banner" settings. Please replace /mobiquo/smartbanner.php with the following code:
PHP:
<?php

global $headinclude, $header, $threadinfo, $foruminfo;

$app_android_id = $vbulletin->options['tp_app_android_url'] ? $vbulletin->options['tp_app_android_url'] : '';
$app_ios_id = $vbulletin->options['tp_app_ios_id'] ? $vbulletin->options['tp_app_ios_id'] : '';
$app_banner_message = $vbulletin->options['tp_app_banner_message'] ? $vbulletin->options['tp_app_banner_message'] : '';
$app_banner_message = preg_replace('/\r\n/','<br>',$app_banner_message);
$app_location_url = get_scheme_url();
$script_to_page = array(
   'index'          => 'home',
   'showthread'     => 'topic',
   'showpostpost'   => 'post',
   'forumdisplay'   => 'forum',
);

$page_type = defined('THIS_SCRIPT') && isset($script_to_page[THIS_SCRIPT]) ? $script_to_page[THIS_SCRIPT] : 'others';
$is_mobile_skin = false;
$app_forum_name = $vbulletin->options['bbtitle'] ? $vbulletin->options['bbtitle'] : '';
$board_url = $vbulletin->options['bburl'];
$tapatalk_dir = $vbulletin->options['tapatalk_directory'];  // default as 'mobiquo'
$tapatalk_dir_url = $board_url.'/'.$tapatalk_dir;
$api_key = $vbulletin->options['push_key'];

// control banner show from tapatalk server
$tapatalk_banner_control = $vbulletin->options['tapatalk_banner_control'];
$banner_aways_show = true;
if (isset($tapatalk_banner_control) && $tapatalk_banner_control['expire'] > time())
{
    if($tapatalk_banner_control['banner_control'] == 1)
    {
        $banner_aways_show = false;
    }
} else {
        include_once(CWD .'/'.$tapatalk_dir . '/include/classTTConnection.php');
        $connection = new classTTConnection();
        $url = "https://tapatalk.com/get_forum_info.php";
        $data['key'] = md5($vbulletin->options['push_key']);
        $data['url'] = $vbulletin->options['bburl'];
        $response = $connection->getContentFromSever($url,$data,'post',true);

if (!empty($response))
        {
            include_once(CWD .'/includes/adminfunctions.php');
            include_once(CWD .'/includes/adminfunctions_options.php');

// $result = explode(":", $response, 2);
            // if ($result[0] == 'banner_control')
            //     $banner_control = $result[1];
            // else
            //     $banner_control = 1;
            $rsp_array = explode("\n", $response);
            $banner_control = 1;
            foreach ($rsp_array as $line) {
                $result = explode(":", $line, 2);
                if ($result[0] == 'banner_control')
                    $banner_control = $result[1];
            }

$expire         = strtotime('+1 day');
            $settings = array('tapatalk_banner_control' => array('banner_control' => $banner_control, 'expire' => $expire));
            save_settings($settings);
            if ($vbulletin->options['tapatalk_banner_control']['banner_control'] == 1)
            {
            }
        } else {
        }
}
if ($banner_aways_show)
{
    $app_ads_enable = 1;
    $app_banner_enable = 1;
} else {
    $app_ads_enable = $vbulletin->options['full_ads'];
    $app_banner_enable = $vbulletin->options['tapatalk_smartbanner'];
}

$twitterfacebook_card_enabled =  $vbulletin->options['twitterfacebook_card_enabled'];
$twc_title = isset($threadinfo['title']) ? $threadinfo['title'] : (isset($foruminfo['title_clean']) ? $foruminfo['title_clean'] : '');
$twc_description = empty($threadinfo) && isset($foruminfo['description_clean']) ? $foruminfo['description_clean'] : '';

// if in hide forums, not display the banner
$display = true;
$hide_fids = $vbulletin->options['tapatalk_hide_forum'];
$hide_array = unserialize($hide_fids);
if (!empty($hide_array))
{
    $forumid = $vbulletin->GPC['forumid'];
    if (!empty($forumid))
    {
        $parentlist = $vbulletin->forumcache[$forumid]['parentlist'];
        $parentarray = explode(',', $parentlist);
        foreach ($parentarray as $value) {
            if(in_array($value, $hide_array))
            {
                $display = false;
            }
        }
    }
}
$forumid = $vbulletin->GPC['forumid'];
if (!empty($forumid))
{
    $forum = $vbulletin->forumcache["$forumid"];
    if (!$forum['displayorder'] OR !($forum['options'] & $vbulletin->bf_misc_forumoptions['active']))
        $display = false;
}
if ($display && file_exists(CWD .'/'.$tapatalk_dir . '/smartbanner/head.inc.php'))
    include_once(CWD .'/'.$tapatalk_dir . '/smartbanner/head.inc.php');

$headinclude .= isset($app_head_include) ? $app_head_include : '';

$header = '
<!-- Tapatalk Detect body start -->
<script type="text/javascript">if (typeof(tapatalkDetect) == "function") tapatalkDetect()</script>
<!-- Tapatalk Detect banner body end -->

'.$header;

function get_scheme_url()
{
    global $vbulletin;

$baseUrl = $vbulletin->options['bburl'];
    $baseUrl = preg_replace('/https?:\/\//', 'tapatalk://', $baseUrl);
    $location = 'index';
    $other_info = array();
    $gpc = $vbulletin->GPC;

$has_forumid = isset($vbulletin->GPC['forumid']) && !empty($vbulletin->GPC['forumid']);
    $has_threadid = isset($vbulletin->GPC['threadid']) && !empty($vbulletin->GPC['threadid']);
    $has_postid = isset($vbulletin->GPC['postid']) && !empty($vbulletin->GPC['postid']);
    if($has_forumid)
    {
        $location = 'forum';
        $other_info[] = 'fid='.$vbulletin->GPC['forumid'];
        $perpage = $vbulletin->options['maxthreads'];
        $page = $gpc['pagenumber'] > 0 ? $gpc['pagenumber']:  1;
        if($has_threadid)
        {
            $location = 'topic';
            $perpage = $vbulletin->options['maxposts'];
            $page = $gpc['pagenumber'];
            $other_info[] = 'tid='.$vbulletin->GPC['threadid'];
            if($has_postid)
            {
                $perpage = $vbulletin->options['maxposts'];
                $page = $gpc['pagenumber'];
                $location = 'post';
                $other_info[] = 'pid='.$vbulletin->GPC['postid'];
            }
        }
    }
    else if(isset($vbulletin->GPC['userid']) && !empty($vbulletin->GPC['userid']))
    {
        $location = 'profile';
        $other_info[] = 'uid='.$vbulletin->GPC['userid'];
    }
    else if(isset($_REQUEST['pmid']) && !empty($_REQUEST['pmid']))
    {
        $location = 'message';
        $other_info[] = 'mid='.$_REQUEST['pmid'];
    }
    else if(isset($vbulletin->GPC['who']))
       $location = 'online';
    else if(isset($vbulletin->GPC['searchid']))
       $location = 'search';
    else if(isset($vbulletin->GPC['logintype']))
       $location = 'login';

$other_info_str = implode('&', $other_info);
    $scheme_url = $baseUrl. (!empty($vbulletin->userinfo['userid']) ? '?user_id='.$vbulletin->userinfo['userid'].'&' : '?') . 'location='.$location.(!empty($page) && !empty($perpage) ? "&page=$page&perpage=$perpage" : '').(!empty($other_info_str) ? '&'.$other_info_str : '');

return $scheme_url;
}
?>

Then go to Site Name / URL / Contact Details and make sure the Copyright Text setting does not contain any text other than what you may have added yourself, then save the settings.

After following these steps, it should be permanently fixed. We will contact the Tapatalk developers with this information.

Hello joshcurrier,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings