Question Does the "welcome" activity work with additional usergroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Customer
Does the "welcome" activity work when a user is given an additional usergroup, or do they need to change their primary? I tried testing and it seems like it does when you manually put them in it, but then I couldn't get it to work when a promotion gave them the additional group. But the promotion does work with the primary group.

It does not work with promotions, period. Promotions in vBulletin are poorly designed and directly update the database, which Credits cannot possibly hook into.

Sorry :(

It does not work with promotions, period. Promotions in vBulletin are poorly designed and directly update the database, which Credits cannot possibly hook into.

Somehow I had it working before (with primary usergroups), but I stopped using it a while back. Did it used to work?

The reason I was trying to use them is because I want to give a certain currency to members after they've been registered for 2 years. What's the easiest way to do this?

Last edited:
As I'm not the original developer of the vB version of this mod, I can't say whether it has ever (intentionally) worked before :(

The closest equivalent I can think of is the Birthday event, but it works based off of real world birthday as entered, not forum registration date.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(

What about using paycheck? I don't currently use it for anything else, so I could set it to 730 days and then set Maximum Times in the activity to 1. How does paycheck work though? Would it send once right away and then wait the 730 days? Or will it wait 730 days before sending the first one (this version would work for what I'm doing)?

I'm not rightly sure, to be honest. I'd recommend creating a test currency that only staff can see (via the user group and currency permissions) and testing it to be absolutely sure :)

I'm not sure why, but the promotion triggered the welcome action for me just now. It just took a bit for the credits to come in. It was also an additional usergroup, not primary.

It is possible that certain promotions may trigger the reward and others may not. For instance, if a promotion occurs because the user was browsing the forum and the forum checked their promotion eligibility during their request, the promotion could still use the DataManager system.

That would leave only promotions triggered by the scheduled tasks.

This is just speculation on my part, though.

Do you know what triggers this usually? I'm getting inconsistent results. My most recent test was manually selecting their additional usergroup (no promotion), but it didn't send the credits (yet).

By the way, I did a test a few days ago where I added a secondary user group with a query directly in the database. The welcome credits did end up coming days later. I'm not really sure what triggered it then.

To be honest, I couldn't say. The old vBCredits code is way too convoluted for me to be able to make sense of it to the point where I can answer this question conclusively.

Hello Jeremy,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBCredits II Deluxe

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings