Question Compatibility with vb 4.2.5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelos

Customer
Hello.

Is this product compatible with vb 4.2.5?

I upgraded vb yesterday and I get HTTP ERROR 500 on the post pages.

When I disable vBactivity, the site works fine. I even updated vBactivity.

Any idea?

All of our products work perfectly fine on vB 4.2.5 :)

To see the real error message behind a 500 Internal Server Error, you will need to look in your Apache error logs.

These were the ones I got from the server. Strange because it only shows adserver errors.

But the only plugin I disabled was vbactivity and the problem was fixed.

[Wed Aug 01 13:24:58.304069 2018] [:error] [pid 11026] [client 66.249.65.135:60193] client denied by server configuration: /home/mfospd/public_html/adserver/www/delivery/ajs.php, referer: https://pokerdicas.com/promocoes/pa...cial-de-natal-sao-5-milhoes-gtd-de-premiacao/

[Wed Aug 01 13:30:04.182905 2018] [:error] [pid 12610] [client 66.249.65.135:61709] client denied by server configuration: /home/mfospd/public_html/adserver/www/delivery/ajs.php, referer: https://pokerdicas.com/noticias/niklas-ragen70-heinecker-e-destaque-nos-high-stakes/

[Wed Aug 01 13:30:05.877466 2018] [:error] [pid 12610] [client 66.249.65.135:61709] client denied by server configuration: /home/mfospd/public_html/adserver/www/delivery/ajs.php, referer: https://pokerdicas.com/forum/discussao-geral-sobre-poker/521-essa-merece-post.html

That has nothing to do with vBActivity. Are you sure you're looking at the correct error_log file?

Reenabled the plugin, and got the following errors after clicking in many posts and getting error 500:
root@host [/home/mfospd/public_html/forum]# tail error_log
[01-Aug-2018 15:00:25 UTC] PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mfospd/public_html/forum/geek/gal/includes/gal_class_core.php on line 340
[01-Aug-2018 15:00:25 UTC] PHP Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/mfospd/public_html/forum/geek/gal/includes/gal_class_core.php on line 340
[01-Aug-2018 15:00:25 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Function eregi_replace() is deprecated in /home/mfospd/public_html/forum/geek/gal/includes/gal_class_core.php on line 497
[01-Aug-2018 15:00:32 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mfospd/public_html/forum/includes/class_bootstrap.php(87) : eval()'d code on line 28
[01-Aug-2018 15:00:32 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/mfospd/public_html/forum/includes/class_bootstrap.php(87) : eval()'d code on line 29

That is a mod called "Geek Gallery", it is not related to vBActivity. Please disable it.

It's geek affiliate links, an autolinker that we use.

I disable geek affiliate links, reenable vBactivity, and get the same errors on post pages. Forum home and subforums work fine.

You'll need to keep checking your error log then as without the error messages I can't assist you. It works fine on all our testing environments without any other 3rd party mods enabled, so chances are you have an incompatibility somewhere.

I don’t, sorry. You should ask your host for assistance if you don’t know where the error log file is, as it varies from system to system.

I will try that. But this is very frustrating for the users. The only plugin that is not working is this one.

Hello @Marcelos,

We hope your ticket regarding vBActivity & Awards has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBActivity & Awards

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating