Bug Can't get shoutbox to display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewkm

Customer
I'm having an issue getting the shoutbox to display.
I've gone over all options, but when adding the hook it doesn't show.

Example of previous "forum_list"
https://pastebin.com/7mznU8Mr

Example of new "forum_list" for DragonByte shoutbox
https://pastebin.com/LH4FdqpB

Line 25 is the one where I added the change as per your options page:

4adBbkF.png

However the forum is now shooting this:

Code:
An exception occurred: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /var/www/html/forum/library/DBTech/Shout/Model/Shoutbox.php on line 634
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in DBTech/Shout/Model/Shoutbox.php at line 634
DBTech_Shout_Model_Shoutbox->render() in DBTech/Shout/Model/Shoutbox.php at line 888
DBTech_Shout_Model_Shoutbox->renderWrapper() in DBTech/Shout/XenForo/EventListener/FrontControllerPostView.php at line 77
DBTech_Shout_XenForo_EventListener_FrontControllerPostView::listen() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 90
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 201
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/forum/index.php at line 13

Please help.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm confused; are you abandoning your plans to instigate a chargeback?

Alrighty, no problem. I can see the issue occurs when manually deploying the shoutbox vs using the auto-deploy.

While I resolve the issue, you can go to Display Settings tab and choose the "After navbar" setting (and remove the edit to forum_list) and it should work.

I'll post back when I have a solution available.

Update: I believe this should now be resolved, if you re-download v7.2.0 and re-upload the files it should work with manual deployment.

Hello @andrewkm,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Shout has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Shout

XenForo 1.5.3+
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating