Question Can't create BBCode as duplicate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishnotsane

Customer
Hi,

I've had this on my forum for a while now, worked fantastic, however I wanted to change the mention icon used in the editor, so I went to custom bbcode and clicked edit, and changed the URL as normal, however when I clicked save, it told me that "mention" was already being used and I'm not able to create it.. So I decided to delete the custom BBCode and create it from fresh, however now when I go to create it, it states the same thing, that "mention" is a duplicate and cannot be created, however it's not in my custom bbcode list

Any ideas on how I can get this back onto my editor?
The whole plugin seems to still work fine

That seems like a vBulletin bug. There’s no way to get it back short of restoring from a backup, unless that bug is fixed by vB.

I don't have a backup sadly.

Is there a way I can change Advanced User Tagging to instead work for another BBCode I create such as [USER]?
That way I can still have a button there for people to use if they so wish, but also people would still be able to simply use the @usernamehere; function in WYSIWYG editor?

Ah, I've just realised you're running the Pro version of multiple products. Can you please re-post this ticket using the account used to purchase these licenses?

I can try to get hold of the person who purchased it, but they would have left the forum many moons ago. I'm the new Forum Manager there, we've had a lot of people running the forum throughout the years, so there is a lot of licenses linked to different people sadly, not just DragonByte products, but other modifications as well..

Trying to find out who purchased each product and getting hold of them is going to be near impossible.

Last edited:
The reason I ask is that we have no license on record that matches your domain, so currently it would appear as if you are running pirated versions of our Pro versions, unfortunately.

If you're unable to get a hold of the original license owner then you would need to either purchase new licenses for your currently installed Pro versions, or completely uninstall the products (including destroying all copies of the files on your servers and in any past backups) and then download & install the free "Lite" versions.

I understand, give me a few days and I'll try to see if we can get hold the license holders.. but they should have our domain linked to their profile already?

There's two possible explanations: The domain was different when they first downloaded the products, or they never purchased a license to begin with (instead obtaining the products via a piracy/warez site).

Okay, apologies if they have been pirated, I wouldn't have thought so, but since I don't know the previous people who run the forum, I can't say hand on my heart that this is the case.

If I can't manage to find/contact the relevant people within a week, I'll go ahead and purchase a new license, I assume should it come to that then we don't need to re-install, it'll just be linked via my profile here?
Can you confirm which of your products are the Pro versions on my forum please?

I don't have access to the Products page in ACP, as I'm merely the Forum Manager, not the account admin, and not fully sure how to check which is Pro version since we installed the Copyright Management mod

But I assume that I'll be able to fix the issue I'm facing in regards to the BBCode and getting the button back, or changing the BBCode to [USER] as a workaround? Obviously, I understand you don't want to fully help until you can verify a valid license

Managed to get it fixed by exporting the xml file and reinstalling it.. That did the trick. As for the product licenses, same applies as above, I'll try to get hold of the relevant people, if not then we'll have to re-purchase

Okay so it would appear that the people who were likely to have purchased both those mods haven't logged into the forum since around 2016, and the upper management team has since changed, and I've spoke to them all and none of us know those people, thus no way to contact them unless they magically login to the forum again..

I know this is a long shot, but is there any chance of a coupon code for me to purchase both those mods?
$90 is a lot of money, especially during these times where I'm on furlough not earning a lot of money due to Coronavirus, that said I understand this is your source of income, so understand if you're unable to.

Is what I'll do is I'll post up on my forum my account name on here, as well as my contact details, so should I leave, then this shouldn't happen again.

Thanks!

Hello @Irishnotsane,

We hope your ticket regarding Advanced User Tagging has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating