Question can I use bbcode to create hash tags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zfx

Customer
I've added a plugin for an extra ckeditor tool button and configured it to wrap [hashtag][/hashtag] around the selected text. But I've yet been unable to get the text between those custom bbcode tags to correctly register a new or existing hash tag. I can make the created link bring me to the http://www.siteurl.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=tagname page for the entered # tag name. But I'm not sure how to get it to add and/or correctly register that # tag name. Can this be done with a bbcode item? And if so, what code string should I use in the replacement field?

Thanks

EDIT: I suspect that bbcode is a no-no with # tags because of the html formatting security issue. But I wanted to at least ask.

Last edited:
Update:
While I can't get custom bbcode to work for # tags, I've come up with a way to activate any entered # tag name within html pre-formatted messages. I hope doing so doesn't pose a security risk. What I've done is simply create an editor button that places open-close font tags before, and open-close font tags after a # tag name that's been typed into the message body. Once the post is submitted, the # tag becomes active and it's thus clickable. It seems to add the new # tag correctly. It produces the correct link URL and it brings me to the list page for the particular # tag appearing in the posted message. Specifically, I've created a button on the editor toolbar that places [font=verdana][/font]tagname[font=verdana][/font] around selected text in the message body. It's a workaround and it seems to work.

Glad you got it working :)

There is no security issue, the reason why we disable # parsing when within BBCode is that most of the time, users don't intend to create hash tags when posting within BBCode (e.g. posting hex codes in a block of CSS wrapped in CODE tags).

Hello zfx,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings