Question Adding DragonByte Shout to a template

Status
Not open for further replies.

San

Customer
When I try to add the shout box to a template it crashes it. "<!--XFSHOUT.instance1-->" I have moved the shout box from forums to the home page. For the CMS / Portal its XenPorta 2 but I also would like to add the shout box on the templates as well. Like the forums.

Hi there,

What do you mean when you say it crashes it? Can you show a screenshot of the output?

Sorry, I don't mean crashes but I get a error when I add the line in. To me that's a crash lol sorry. Been working on to meany game servers I guess.

Hi there,

You will need to provide me with some amount of information in order for me to help you :) I have previously requested a screenshot of the output, and I'd also appreciate the actual error message you're receiving.

Without this information I will unfortunately be unable to assist you.

Here you go. :)

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /home/sourceas/public_html/library/DBTech/Shout/EventListener/FrontControllerPostView.php on line 48

Attachments

• Template.png
    Template.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 2
Also I'm getting error's on the back end to here and there.

ErrorException: Undefined variable: cache - library/DBTech/Shout/EventListener/FrontControllerPostView.php:48

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object - library/DBTech/Shout/EventListener/FrontControllerPostView.php:48

Thank you :)

I've applied a hotfix to v7.0.0 Beta 10, if you re-download the product and re-upload the files this should now be resolved :)

Ok I'm getting this now showing the shout box loading. Here's Pic

Attachments

• SanGaming Community 2016-01-07 11-15-21.png
    SanGaming Community 2016-01-07 11-15-21.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm not getting that display on any of the pages I can find the shoutbox enabled on, could you please direct me to that page on your forum so I can see this issue in action?

Thanks!

I tried logging in to the admin panel but I get told my account does not have administrative privileges.

Fillip H. is there a way to turn of the shout box that is auto set the the forum and set it, to all templates like on the vBshout? I think that might be the cause this maybe..

Sorry About that every time I try to add you Im get this error: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'last_note_viewed' in 'field list'
I'll look in to it an see why this is happening!

Ok your all set now, I had to turn off all the addons and it went. Should be good to go.. Well I hope! ;)

Hi there,

I can confirm I have AdminCP access now, but my user does not have any privileges in the AdminCP, so I cannot access the templates, products nor XF Shout.

Could you please set my admin permissions to include at least those areas?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Shout

XenForo 1.5.3+
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings