Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo_Angelo

Customer
A suggestion i want to put across is a feature that allows admins to disable all other avatars if vBavatars is active so that only vBavatars is used, the reason i'd like this as a feature is because i think giving the users the option to use their own avatars is great but i think forums would look kinda odd with some members having their own uploaded avatars and some using vBavatars, for my site at least i'd like everyone using vBavatars and want to disable the use of all other avatars.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That is sadly impossible. vBAvatars requires the permission of uploading your own avatars in order to function.

Fillip H. how about a work around by where vB avatars HIDES the other options? that way you don't technically disable the opthers you just hide the options so members can't use them thus "disabling" the others. problem solved :) then all thats left would be to somehow force users to use vBavatars by default.....which is probably more tricky.

Last edited:
You can do that already, by editing out those options from the template we ask you to edit when installing vBAva.

I don't think vBAva cannot hide those options without manual template edits.

No, if they have already uploaded a custom avatar and you edit out the upload area they will still be able to keep it.

I don't know of a way to forcefully remove all avatars from users either :(

You could try something like this SQL Query:

Code:
DELETE FROM
    customavatar
USING
    customavatar
LEFT JOIN
    user
ON
    user.userid = customavatar.userid

This will delete all custom avatars for all users so you would have to start fresh if you have made a avatar with vBAvatars

Not a problem, if you do try it let me know, as it worked on my dev site no problem.

could one of you guys post a modifyavatar template here which has the options of custom avatar and selecting an avatar edited out as i'm really not sure which bits of code to delete so that i'm left with just the DB-tech option left in editing avatar section (i still want it to display current avatar etc just remove the ability to select/view the other avatar choices like the use custom avatar and the browse feature and url to custom avatar etc etc).

That would be a massive help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back