Bug XF Optimise failed to get permission

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoZmicShReddeR

Customer
Whatever it is you need let me know only seen two of these pop up recently

contact me via Skype or Steam cozmicshredder

Not sure if I was supposed to open any ports or was it whatever it was caching causing the issue??

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: file_get_contents(G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld/internal_data\dbtechOptimise\xfo\forum\a7276d2e53c1c8b2e88b6df6655ba412.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library\DBTech\Optimise\Operator\FileCache.php:45
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 6:58 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'file_get_conten...', 'G:\\xampp\\htdocs...', 45, Array)
#1 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\DBTech\Optimise\Operator\FileCache.php(45): file_get_contents('G:\\xampp\\htdocs...')
#2 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\DBTech\Optimise\Operator\Abstract.php(129): DBTech_Optimise_Operator_FileCache->_get('xfo_forum.18659...')
#3 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\DBTech\Optimise\XenForo\Model\Forum.php(29): DBTech_Optimise_Operator_Abstract->get('forum.18659c9e8...')
#4 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\EWRporta2\Widget\PollBlock.php(9): DBTech_Optimise_XenForo_Model_Forum->getForumById(186)
#5 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\EWRporta2\Model\Widlinks.php(215): EWRporta2_Widget_PollBlock->getCachedData(Array, Array)
#6 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\EWRporta2\ViewPublic\Global.php(81): EWRporta2_Model_Widlinks->getWidlinkParams(Array)
#7 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\XenForo\ViewRenderer\Abstract.php(220): EWRporta2_ViewPublic_Global->prepareParams()
#8 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\XenForo\ViewRenderer\HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta2_ViewP...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...')
#9 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(606): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta2_ViewP...', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...', NULL)
#10 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#11 G:\xampp\htdocs\cozworld\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "https://www.cozworld.com/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This is not a bug, your file permission are wrong. Are you testing locally or are you actually hosting on a Windows server?

If you're on a Windows host, ask your host for assistance.

Yes it's Windows 2008 64 bit system. The cache folder is huge so it is working was a hiccup but thought to share anyways as I have no idea what all that means anyways

You really shouldn't be hosting your site on a Windows server unless you happen to need things like ASP.NET or anything. UNIX based systems like CentOS, Ubuntu, FreeBSD etc work much better as server OSes.

If your hard drive is full that might explain the write permission issues.

Unfortunately I am not into Linux and I also run a bunch of game servers on the same box!

I tried using a virtual version of Linux but it was too much for me to figure out setting up the network card to allow tunneling and I ended up driving 40 minutes twice to the Data Center to undue my failure! ;)

Yeah I know it'd be easier on everything if I had a Linux box instead!

I just have way to much time invested in working with Windows Server and at 50 yrs I'm not sure I want to tie myself up digging into Linux as to me it's why I bought an iPhone I got tired of messing up my Android phones playing with Roms and Cooking Roms and getting calls having everything freeze up cause I was a goof and tried something that caused issues! I'd be doing the same thing with Linux download all kinds of crap then never being able to uninstall it or not understanding WTF I did!

Anyways I don't think Optimize works very well on Cache File for me so I'll just disable the addon for the time being...

I don't know how to change folder write permissions on a Windows server but you need to make the internal_data folder writable by everyone to resolve this issue.

Hello CoZmicShReddeR,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Optimise

XenForo 1.5.3+
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings