Question Worth switching to Redis, from xCache?

Status
Not open for further replies.

furnival

Customer
I have xCache successfully running on my VB board, running PHP 5.6. Would there be any likely performance gain in switching to Redis, from xCache? I am not really clear on the differences and how they affect VBulletin with VBOptimise Pro.

It looks like the xCache project has not been maintained beyond PHP 5.6 compatability, so Redis could be more useful once PHP 7 is usable with VB4 setups.

Kudos for not calling it VBOptimize with a 'z' by the way! :D:D:D

I can't say I know whether there's a performance difference, but I do know that if you're ever thinking of switching to XenForo, our "DragonByte Optimise" product for XenForo does perform better under Redis by being able to selectively purge the cache.

For instance, if the Post cache needs updating, only the Post cache entries get purged as opposed to vBOptimise purging the entire cache every time something needs updating.

I know that wasn't exactly what you asked, but there you have it regardless :p

I can't say I know whether there's a performance difference, but I do know that if you're ever thinking of switching to XenForo, our "DragonByte Optimise" product for XenForo does perform better under Redis by being able to selectively purge the cache.

Understood and good to know about the XenForo feature since I would like to switch to it one day (actually if DB Tech ever port the mods I use to XenForo I will switch, but that's another subject! DB Tech mods make my board successful, I could not run a forum without them.)

Hello furnival,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vB Optimise

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings