Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekkan

Customer
I hit F5 to refresh various things on my website and when I do so, I notice that the forum tab is defaulted back to "ALL" instead of the one selected. It'd be nice if this information could be retained. This might also go partially into my suggestion of having a default tab. That'd help anyway, but also it'd be nice if it just stayed on the last one the user selected.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sounds good that idea. I'll see if I can do it via a Cookie. Will take a bit more time than Beta 2 me thinks.

Sorry I'm still catching up as quick as possible...F5 may revert it to the "All" tab,but the stickied Catagory and Tab still remain highlighted for me..Unless I'm missing the point.:confused:

This is moving along nicely... just working out some kinks before it's ready for Beta 3. I might even be able to implement a complete Cookie based tab selection... not sure at this moment whether it will mean more coding to make it work fully or not.

Sounds awesome, can't wait! Would be nice if you can remember the last tab per category, but... understandable if it's not possible now.

I think this will ft your needs... :)

It stores the Tab and Category IDs in a cookie. If you navigate to a URL then the URL link (i.e. forum.php?catid=2) then it will use that URL as the overriding feature. If the Tab ID doesn't match the Category ID then it will default back to the default setting.

This has been more complex to include as it has almost doubled the amount of 'if' conditionals in the system (and added a quick MySQL query). I'm sure there'll be some inconsistencies in it, so I've added in a debugging method as well that we can use to figure out what is going wrong if and when it happens... :D

Ready for Beta 3. Hoping to get that released tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back