Bug Shoutbox update problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfbd

Customer
After updating the latest shoutbox, shoutbox got super slow. It takes nearly 15 to 20 seconds to show the shoutbox and surprisingly the active user updates the name before the shout appears.

The quick solution appreciated.

Could you please provide the correct URL to your site so I can test this out for myself? The URL listed in the issue is not loading for me just now.

I am unable to replicate this issue @ your forum.

PS: You have a problem with avatars on your forum, see this image: /image.php?u=437&dateline=1420495199&type=thumb
In Chrome, this image is not loading.

Please correct this issue and see if that resolves the problem you are experiencing.

I am unable to replicate this issue @ your forum.

PS: You have a problem with avatars on your forum, see this image: /image.php?u=437&dateline=1420495199&type=thumb
In Chrome, this image is not loading.

Please correct this issue and see if that resolves the problem you are experiencing.

In firefox it loads fine. And there was no issue before yesterday's update. I think I better go back to old version.

I tested it in Chrome on Mac and it seemed fine, I would strongly recommend resolving the avatar issue first.

Well you can close this ticket.

I could fix the issue by remove and reinstalling the shoutbox. But the new problem is personalization of the shout colors and font.

For example, when I change my own font or color, it changes all the users shout color for my view.

Go to the Shoutbox Settings in the UserCP and check to see if you have the Override Shout Colors option enabled.

Thank you Fillip H.. I have fixed the issue using the sql comamnd for dbtech_vbshout_settings.
The shoutbox is working perfect with 6.2.11pl1.

Hello wolfbd,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Cannot Reproduce.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings