Bug Seeing a lot of 302 Errors in GWT and Header Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

neounix

Customer
Hey,

I've noticed in GWT that Google has dropped indexing our site because of 302 errors.

However, the pages server using DBSEO; so I cannot understand why our server running DBSEO sends 302 messages before the 200 finally is sent.

Please help!

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 12.26.19 AM.png

This is likely because it's redirecting from showthread.php to the SEO'd URL, and you're using Safari.

PHP:
        $useragent = strtolower($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);
        if (
            //strpos($fulluri, '#') !== false AND
            strpos($useragent, 'mac') !== false AND
            strpos($useragent, 'applewebkit') !== false AND
            strpos($useragent, 'safari') !== false
        )
        {
            $redirectCode = 303;
        }

if ($redirectCode == 303 AND $_SERVER['SERVER_PROTOCOL'] == 'HTTP/1.0')
        {
            $redirectCode = 302;
        }

header("Location: $fulluri", 0, $redirectCode);

I'm using Chrome. The screenshot is from Chrome.

Google GWT also has the same issue. That is not based on Safari either, from my understanding.

Where is that coding sending the 302 stuff you posted? Thanks.

I found it.... it's in class_core.php ....

I'm going to to change it to send a 301 and see if that fixes the problem with GWT.

Thanks.

I changed and for some reason SHOWTHREAD keep returning a 302, then a 200. This is causing our site a lot of issues, according to GWT.

You guys keep telling me that DBSEO does not effect SEO like this, but clearly, there is an issue with how DBSEO rewrites URL with SHOWTHREAD because only SHOWTHREAD has this issue.

There is no other instance of a 302 being sent via this mod, as far as I can tell. You can do a grep for 302 on your forum directory to see all the results.

Thanks. I did that, but will try again... and look more. I agree that your code only sends the 302 in that single file, based on my research, but I do not understand why SHOWTHREAD only has this problem.

We are still running 2.0.32 which is two years old. When we moved in Sept and the problem started we upgraded:

Server version: Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu)
Server built: 2018-06-27T17:05:04

condor2769:~# php -v
PHP 5.6.37-1+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+1 (cli)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
with XCache v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 2005-2014, by mOo
with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies
with XCache Optimizer v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 2005-2014, by mOo
with XCache Cacher v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 2005-2014, by mOo
with XCache Coverager v3.2.0, Copyright (c) 2005-2014, by mOo

I looked at the release notes for DBSEO from 2.0.32 up to the current version, and I did not see anything which might be related to this issue in the release notes.

As far as I'm aware, you're the only person who has reported an issue with this.

The code you edited in DBSEO is copied from /includes/functions.php :: exec_header_redirect so that is probably where you want to edit.

Hello @neounix,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating