Question Run vbdownloads.php outside of forum directory & DBSEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicK

Customer
1) Can I run vbdownloads.php outside of the forum directory? If so, how?

2) With DBSEO, does it beautify the URLs of the vbdownloads mod too? I'm looking to create the url structure

site.com/vbdownloads-category/vbdownloads-filename/

Thanks.

1) That's not supported at this time, sorry :(

2) You can customise the URLs with DBSEO, yeah :)

You may be able to make this work by copying vbdownloads.php outside your forum root and adding a chdir command above the
Code:
// get special data templates from the datastore

F.ex.
Code:
chdir('/home/dbtech/public_html/');

That being said, links inside vBDownloads would still use the "old" vbdownloads.php file, but at least it'll let you create a landing page.

Will that suffice?

You may be able to make this work by copying vbdownloads.php outside your forum root and adding a chdir command above the
Code:
// get special data templates from the datastore

F.ex.
Code:
chdir('/home/dbtech/public_html/');

That being said, links inside vBDownloads would still use the "old" vbdownloads.php file, but at least it'll let you create a landing page.

Will that suffice?

Thanks for the thought but I'd like to run vbdownloads on site.com/vbdownloads.php with the forum operating in site.com/forum/.

Is this quite difficult to do in terms of custom work? Would be able to provide an approximate quote?

Hello DominicK,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBDownloads

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings