Question Root Redirects to DBSEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoseLuis

Customer
I have a little problem from redirects at .htaccess in the root directory to forum directory. DBSEO is installed in forum directory so DBSEO rules are implemented into www.domain.com/foro

I have a .htaccess in my root domain with this rewrite rule:

Code:
RewriteRule ^noticias/$ /foro/2_noticias/ [L,NS]
RewriteRule ^noticias$ /foro/2_noticias/ [L,NS]

So when i put write www.domain.com/noticias redirects to www.domain.com/foro/2_noticias but the user stills show in browser www.domain.com/noticias

When i migrate from vbseo to dbseo, this rewrite rule stops working and i get a 404 not found.

This is my .htaccess at forum folder:

Code:
RewriteEngine On

#RewriteBase /foro

# If you are having problem with "None Could Be Negotiated" errors in Apache, uncomment this to turn off MultiViews
# Options -MultiViews

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php|reviewpost/|classifieds/|photopost/)
RewriteRule ^((archive/)?(.*\.php(/.*)?))$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !/(admincp|dbseocp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images|reviewpost|classifieds|photopost)/
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ dbseo.php [L,QSA]

How can i achieve this?:

www.domain.com/news -> www.domain.com/forum/2_news (but still showing at browser www.domain.com/news)

And also, if someone put www.domain.com/news/124322-new_game.html it gets working with another rewrite rule into root (with vbseo this worked)

How can i achieve this?:

www.domain.com/news -> www.domain.com/forum/2_news (but still showing at browser www.domain.com/news)
That's outside the scope of DBSEO, and it's not something we're able to assist with unfortunately. We can only really assist with issues that occur in DBSEO itself, not whether other rewrite rules are compatible with DBSEO.

And also, if someone put www.domain.com/news/124322-new_game.html it gets working with another rewrite rule into root (with vbseo this worked)
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here, could you re-phrase it please?

That's outside the scope of DBSEO, and it's not something we're able to assist with unfortunately. We can only really assist with issues that occur in DBSEO itself, not whether other rewrite rules are compatible with DBSEO.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here, could you re-phrase it please?

But his works perfect with VBSEO

This is my old vbseo htaccess config:

Code:
# Comment the following line (add '#' at the beginning)
# to disable mod_rewrite functions.
# Please note: you still need to disable the hack in
# the vBSEO control panel to stop url rewrites.
RewriteEngine On

# Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be
# enabled (remove '#' at the beginning to activate)
# Please note: when enabled, you must include the path
# to your root vB folder (i.e. RewriteBase /forums)
#RewriteBase /foro

RewriteRule ^((urllist|sitemap).*\.(xml|txt)(\.gz)?)$ vbseo_sitemap/vbseo_getsitemap.php?sitemap=$1 [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} (admincp|modcp|clientscript|cpstyles|images|OpenInviter|api\.php)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ $1 [L]

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} !vbseourl=
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !chat
RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

RewriteRule ^(archive/.*)$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.+)$ vbseo.php?vbseourl=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

When i put www.domain.com/noticias in my actual vbseo config, i see the "noticias" forum without the 'foro/2_noticias' URL with the root htaccess rule (the rule in the first post)

I need this rule working because we are at google news system and they dont want the word "forum" or "foro" in our URLs

For example, now if someone puts www.domain.com/noticias/ they see all our news, but now with DBSEO they can't do.
For example, now if someone puts www.domain.com/noticias/123123-a_normal_new.html they see the new, but now with DBSEO they can't do.

If we can't achieve this with DBSEO we can't install it on our server.

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back