Question Professional Install - No email alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpwdrag72

Customer
Hello,

About 2 weeks ago you guys performed the professional install of the Advanced User Tagging add-on. The forum users, however, are not being alerted via email when they are tagged or mentioned in posts. Can you please assist in resolving this issue?

Thank you very much.

- Chris

Make sure users have not turned off emails from other members and/or emails from administrators.

The users we have been getting feedback from have everything turned on. This includes the site owner and other moderators.

In order to send mail, the user making the mention must:
1. Have usergroup permissions to email other members

In order to receive mail, the user receiving the mention must:
1. Have Admin OR User email enabled
2. Have AUT emails enabled via the UserCP (opt-out or opt-in depending on your vBOptions)
3. Have either public mentions enabled OR have the sender on his list of confirmed friends

Again, all these things settings appear to be correctly established, yet we are still not getting email alerts. We paid for professional install, shouldn't this have been working for everybody from the beginning?

Please understand, these are just standard debugging questions so that we can establish that the issue does not lie with the configuration.

Pro Install does not guarantee a bug-free product, as if a bug exists in the product, the bug will be installed along with the rest of the product. The Pro Install is usually purchased by customers who do not feel comfortable editing their server's files via FTP and uploading them themselves.

Anyway, if you could please PM me with an FTP account, an AdminCP account, and the account details of a user affected by this issue, I will look into this further :)

Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to tcp://smtp.gmail.com:587 (Connection refused) in ..../includes/class_mail.php on line 744

This is the reason why your emails aren't sending. I have turned off SMTP and I can now confirm that your forum successfully delivers emails, including the AUT Mention notification email :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy Advanced User Tagging

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back