• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bug Posting link shows only forum.php and not correct link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richieboy67

Customer
If I post a link like

http://musclemecca.com/showthread.php/235247-10-time-Mr-universe-Sazali-Samad-bodybuilding-Profile

in a thread only

http://musclemecca.com/showthread.php shows.

Please assist, advertisers are pissed.

You need to disable vBulletin's Friendly URL library, and stop posting the legacy URLs in new threads as they will not rewrite correctly.

Dbseo Rewrite is supposed to be off on my site. I am using it for the other features, meta tags, social links, etc. I do not want to change my link structure at this time.

I have only had this script for a little while and I paid for the professional install and still have had to disable it twice. I am not too happy as I explained I would not be using the url rewrites before i purchased.

Sorry, it's impossible for me to remember those details considering the volume of support tickets I receive on a daily basis. Thank you for reminding me. I tried logging in to the AdminCP with the credentials previously provided, but I am receiving an error message stating I do not have permissions for administrative controls on this page when trying to load the ACP index.

If you would like me to look into this further, please either ensure all previously provided FTP and AdminCP credentials are re-created, or PM me with new ones :)

I have only had this script for a little while and I paid for the professional install and still have had to disable it twice. I am not too happy as I explained I would not be using the url rewrites before i purchased.

Thanks, the info provided should work now. I turned off ip deny in our firewall.

And no hard feeling on anything man. I know you guys do your best. I am just tired and having a crap week so I am a bit bitchier than usual. lol I know my use of this script is sort of uncommon seeing as I am not utilizing the main feature.

Thanks for the help,
Rich

Last edited:
I've tested this @ your site and I can't replicate this issue. Could you please provide step-by-step instructions for how to replicate this?

You have to enable Dbseo first.. then just go into any forum and make a post of an internal link, a full url. The entire link will be cut off only displaying forum.php..

Seems to be working now. Please check though and make sure everything is proper. i updated to the latest version and this seems to be ok now.

Thanks!

I thought this was fixed but now after update it is doing it again. i have disabled the plug ins that were disabled before.

I cannot post links on my site without them being cut off. I have this system disabled again. Is there a setting I can change or do I have to pull this from my site as it is causing real damage for advertiser forums and internal linking.

The links were working but then links to threads were not working.

Shawn Rhoden

Like that. was only displaying as /showthread.php

I had to disable.

if i switched the url to the Dbseo friendly ones how hard is it to redirect my current urls to the new ones? my htaccess has a bunch of 310 redirects already. I hate to lose anything but so far I cannot seem to get this working without the friendly urls.

Thanks again for your time and patience.

Sorry, I forgot to post back last night, I had resolved the issue and hotfixed the live product with the changes. I will take another look as soon as I have a chance :)

Any word on this? You had fixed the links but the threads were not displaying correctly. I hate to have bought this but have it disabled. Thanks my friend!

Could you be a bit more specific? I was unable to detect any further problems when I last visited your site.

Because I have it disabled now. the issue is you cannot visit a thread because the link gets shortened. Just enable it and try to visit any thread in any forum. The link gets changed to /showthread.php

I really wanted this to work but it has been 2 or 3 weeks now and I still have it disabled.

Last edited:
It's Christmas Eve, I won't be able to dedicate time to this for a few days yet, I'm sure you can understand :)

Can you give me a date please?

I removed the other share options I had for sharing to Pinterst, etc because this was supposed to cover it. I hate to have to reinstall that again to wait for this to work. I am also not sure if sitemaps are even being generated now with this disabled.

Have a good holiday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings