Question Phrases DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichpen

Customer
So noticing that many many many Shop phrases say DragonByte Shop (alerts for example) which is kind of annoying as it confuses users and makes customization extra painful. Can you please make phrases brand neutral or at the very least parametarize this? I assume this is not a copyright design feature.

It's not a copyright design feature and you are free to customise them, the reason why this exists is that just saying "Shop" is in my opinion not any less confusing. Furthermore, I wanted to differentiate the alert should a site have multiple add-ons installed that could be considered a "shop" (e.g. eCommerce as well as Shop).

There aren't that many phrases that say that, most of them come from the Credits integration :)

It's not a copyright design feature and you are free to customise them, the reason why this exists is that just saying "Shop" is in my opinion not any less confusing. Furthermore, I wanted to differentiate the alert should a site have multiple add-ons installed that could be considered a "shop" (e.g. eCommerce as well as Shop).

There aren't that many phrases that say that, most of them come from the Credits integration :)

Currently going through rephrasing them and I'm almost up to 50 phrases in Shop alone. Not sure how many are actually used or not but there's more than a handful. Hard to tell which are ACP and which are front end too. I will suggest that at the very least maybe you mark them as DBBRAND or something to make it easier to target in the ACP (without going and updating stuff directly into the DB which I'm very tempted right now lol).

I would suggest going to a brand agnostic word like Site Shop at the very least though. A lot less confusing than DragonByte, no offence intended. :)

Wouldn't searching for "DragonByte Shop" have the same effect as marking them as DBBRAND, with the exception that it's easier to tell which phrases you've already changed as they won't show up in the search? 🤔

Wouldn't searching for "DragonByte Shop" have the same effect as marking them as DBBRAND, with the exception that it's easier to tell which phrases you've already changed as they won't show up in the search? 🤔

Well easiest would be not to use DB in the front end. Second easiest would be to flag ACP phrases with admin (as you do in some places), and front end messaging with customer_msg or something. At least that would save some time trying to target specific phrases. Right now it's a bit messy as I'm sure I changed half of ACP. :oops:

Hello @ichpen,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Hello @ichpen,

As we have not heard back from you, your ticket regarding DragonByte Shop has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, please feel free to start a new support ticket and link back to this ticket.

If you have time, please leave a review on XenForo.com's Resource Manager.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Shop

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating