Question Photopost import problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pistils

Customer
I have installed your gallery product and tried to import my photopost gallery, however it imported 17000 images but it seems it has only imported user albums not photopost images and folder structure..

for instance.. i have a huge amount of images in my photopost gallery but when i look at my dbyte gallery i only have 8 images where are the rest?

Is there a specific import script for photopost i can get? can you assist me as? can this gallery copy photo post images and the users folder structure etc?

please advise.

regards

Wayne.

I am very confused regarding the acp mass import .. why are there so many folders already created in the uploads folder?

Hmm... Have you previously upgraded / swapped from PhotoPost vBGallery to PhotoPost Pro or vice versa?

There's a number of reasons why old image imports can fail, PP changing storage directories throughout their version history can also affect the import.

Apologies, i assumed i would receive an email notification of support answer.

I used vbgallery for a while but for the past 10 years i have used photopost.

where do i edit where the script searches for the photopost directories? can i edit these settings to force it to look elsewhere? what do you suggest I do to fix this problem please? This Gallery migration is the most important part of my upgrade process.

many thanks for your time.

regards

Pistils

Could you please create and PM me with a temporary FTP and AdminCP account?

For security reasons, we recommend you create a new FTP account only for DBTech support, then disable or delete it after we have both confirmed the issue has been solved and there are no further issues.

The same applies to AdminCP accounts; they should ideally be temporary accounts created for us only. If we have created an account on your site already, you can optionally boost that account to Administrator and then de-admin this account once the issue has been solved.

If you use a .htaccess password protection for your AdminCP directory, it is recommended that you create a new authorised user for DBTech and remove this user once the issue has been solved.

Please test any temporary accounts you create to ensure that the FTP account has access to the forum files, and that the AdminCP account can access the administrative controls for the product we are assisting you with.

Ensuring this is all in order before submitting the information will significantly speed up the process of assisting you. We will alert you via PM if there's any issues with the login information you have provided.

When sending the PM, for your security you should also un-tick the "Save a copy in my Sent Items folder" checkbox. When the access details have been received, we will delete the PM from our inbox. Ensuring you have not kept a copy of the PM reduces the risk of security breaches.

Thank you for helping us debug our products and allowing us to assist you, we appreciate it :D

Hey,

Sorry for the delay, I am massively overworked at the moment and debugging PhotoPost takes a lot of time. Once I'm closer to finishing my deadlines I will take a look, I promise :)

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

PhotoPost does not appear to be installed on the test forum, could you please make sure that it's installed and that all the images within it works?

I can't test the PhotoPost importer without a 100% valid and functioning PhotoPost installation to test with :)

PhotoPost does not appear to be installed on the test forum, could you please make sure that it's installed and that all the images within it works?

I can't test the PhotoPost importer without a 100% valid and functioning PhotoPost installation to test with :)

Hi... yes it is installed butu as we upgraded php to 5 it stopped working but i assumed because the files were still there your script would still seee them. so as your gallery version works with 3.8 and 4, do you suggest i install it on my live site running vb3.89 and then upgrade the php version and vbulletin to v4.2 ? will that work?

or does your gallery only work on php5?

regards

Pistils

Hi... yes it is installed butu as we upgraded php to 5 it stopped working but i assumed because the files were still there your script would still seee them.
No, the database tables must be there in order to import correctly.

so as your gallery version works with 3.8 and 4, do you suggest i install it on my live site running vb3.89 and then upgrade the php version and vbulletin to v4.2 ? will that work?
I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here, sorry :(

Our gallery only works on vBulletin 4, there is no vB3 version at this time.

or does your gallery only work on php5?
It certainly won't run on PHP 4, it has been tested with PHP 5.4 and 5.6, and received limited testing on PHP 7.

Aww dear..

so, in a nutshell.... your import script can only work if photopost is functioning? so it uses some of the php functions built into photopost to enable the migration to your gallery software? is it possible to create modofied php files to work with php 5.5 so your import will work? my entire upgrade is doomed without this gallery import.. :-((

if i pay you can it be done?

many thanks

Pistils

Aww dear..

so, in a nutshell.... your import script can only work if photopost is functioning?
No, it needs to be installed. The database tables need to be present in the database. If it has been uninstalled, even if the physical image files are still present, it is not possible to import.

The reason for this is that a lot of the data connected to the images (titles, descriptions, categories, etc) does not exist in the file system. This data is needed for the import.

The PHP files related to PhotoPost do not need to be on the server nor do they need to function.

Hope that clears it up :)

This is teh test server you are referring to... I have a live server still on vb3.7 running photopost... phoptopost hasnt been uninstalled at all it just stopped working when the test server was upgraded to php 5.5 but the files have always been served from a separate database.. can you advise me how to my live site.. BreedBay and .co.uk/gallery exported into dragonbytes Gallery? possible?

sorry to be a pain..

regards

Pistils

The PhotoPost tables will unfortunately need to be in the same database as vBulletin in order for the importer to work, sorry :(

Hello Pistils,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Gallery

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings