• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Photopost 8.4 to Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

Having upgraded my forum today to 4.2.3 and to the latest thank you addon from you I had something creating a massive error log which turned out to be Photopost 8.4... even after I disabled it it created a smaller error file until I renamed a file and so far seems OK...

So, I am going to buy the advanced user tagging as well, but now need a gallery....

Can I import all my Photopost 8.4 files/images into Dragonbyte Gallery?

If so I will buy that at the same time

I did post in the gallery forum incorrectly so please delete this thread :)

Stuart

I'm not 100% sure what versions of PP the importer supports, but I do believe it exists in the free version as well so you can test it :)

I will give the free version a try... Does the import happen automatically or do I have to do it via the admincp?

Dud to errors I have had to disable the Photopost so if automatic on installation I will need to reactivate Photopost :)

Is it a simple process to upgrade to the full version if I decide to keep it?

Last edited:
You would simply download the Pro version, re-upload the files and re-import the XML. No need to uninstall, uninstalling would cause data loss.

You would simply download the Pro version, re-upload the files and re-import the XML. No need to uninstall, uninstalling would cause data loss.

Thank you, I will give it a try :)

Does the import script run when you install the addon or do I have to do this via the admincp?

Stu

Sorry one more question...

When it imports the images from Photopost does it move the images from the current location into a new Dragonbyte gallery location? so I can then delete the old photopost files :)

Stuart

OK, installed the free version on my test site and the import from Photopost seems to have worked..... :)

One issue which I think may be down to me....

When I click "Gallery" now on the navigation bar it takes be to a blank screen... no images appear until I click "next" how do I get images on this first page? also there are no catagories shown and the text is white so you can't see it....

I suspect this is just a "set up" issue :)

Capture.JPG

Check the per instance and per category usergroup permissions, I believe both of them have individual permission settings.

Ok, couple of small issues I would like to fix before I purchase :)

1. Do you know how I change the text colour ... the word category is white so blends in with the scheme background..

Plus just found an error log... with two errors..

1. PHP Warning: imagedestroy() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/xxxxx/public_html/testvb/forum/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 2227

2. PHP Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/xxxxx/public_html/testvb/forum/includes/adminfunctions_options.php on line 1032

Any idea how to fix these issues? I can then get the full version ordered :)

Update.... cleared the error codes earlier and not used the test site...

Just logged in visited the gallery and found a log appeared 4 lines same to php files/line numbers....

[16-Apr-2017 17:44:18 UTC] PHP Warning: imagedestroy() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/xxxxx/public_html/testvb/forum/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 2226
[16-Apr-2017 17:44:18 UTC] PHP Warning: imagedestroy() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/testvb/forum/dbtech/gallery/includes/class_core.php on line 2227

I did notice that the upload directory/sub directories was not chmod 777 so I am just doing that, not sure of that would cause these error...

I think this may be linked to the "my profile" and "add new album" link in the navigation options....

I clicked on all the links one at a time, after each click I checked the FTP to see if an error log appeared, it only appeared AFTER I clicked "my profile" and when I tried to create a new album and I have tried clicking all the links, i.e upload, main. add album etc :) does that help...

All other links apart from these two do not appear to create the error log.

I am convinced now that this is a fantastic replacement for the Photopost gallery which no longer works with vB 4.2.3 so Once I fix these two small/minor issues I will order the pro version for my live site :)

Stuart

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pain, anyone help with the above issues? I want to get the pro version ordered and installed but I would like to sort the text colour and errors relating to the two links first. :)

Can you show me what's on those lines in that file, since the Lite version is different for each user, the line numbers won't match what I have locally.

Can you show me what's on those lines in that file, since the Lite version is different for each user, the line numbers won't match what I have locally.

Thank you :) I opened the file in an PHP editor and it shows these lines

imagedestroy($watermark);
imagedestroy($destination_image_handle);

Capture.JPG

As i say when testing I clicked on all the navigation links and the only two to create the error log were My profile and add new album :)

I've pushed a hotfix to v1.3.4 that should resolve this issue, can you please try re-downloading the product and re-uploading that file?

Fantastic.... I have just clicked on my profile a couple of times and added a new gallery and no error log has been created :) looks to be perfect now...

I presume the "Pro" version will be fixed as well?

I really appreciate the excellent support...

Last thing, do you know were I change the text colour? looked everywhere and cant find it... :(

Capture.JPG

Can you link me to where the gallery is @ your site so I can see this in action? Can't say I've ever seen that problem before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back