Bug Mp3 Attachment Streaming Problems After dbseo Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandondrury

Customer
Has anyone been able to stream mp3 attachments on their forum with dbseo? I've been fighting this bug ever since I installed dbseo. I used a flash mp3 player for mp3 attachments, but ever since dbseo was installed that player has not worked properly and html5 audio players have been even worse. I've tried a dozen mp3 players and they all behave the same way.

My research has pointed me in the direction that the problem is somehow involved with headers or gzip, but I've never figured it out.

You can see how the flash player acts at the bottom of the first post here: The MP3 Saga Continues It just "connecting" the entire time when it should say the track name. I've tested the mp3 player and it works perfectly with mp3s from other sites.

I know this is a long shot, but is there any way that dbseo is affecting mp3 attachments in any way beyond the URL rewrite? vbseo worked fine with mp3 attachments, previously.

Thanks!

Brandon

You should be able to get this working if you disable DBSEO's attachment rewrites. Some stream handlers cannot correctly interpret the SEO'd URL.

You may wish to add attachment.php to the .htaccess exclude list, like so
Code:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(admincp/|dbseocp/|modcp/|cron|mobiquo|forumrunner|api\.php|attachment\.php|reviewpost/|classifieds/|photopost/)

No, that didn't work, either.

Does dbseo do anything to the headers of mp3 files? I'm completely out of my depth here. Sorry.:)

No, DBSEO does not alter any headers of any description, so I'm quite out of my depth here as well. DBSEO doesn't even send any headers at all, much less modify them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back