• Support will be limited until May 8th, as I will be out of the office travelling. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bug Member Profile Pages being Incorrectly Rewritten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drahnier

Customer
I've noticed recently that when people on my forum get visitor message notifications (DBT vBNotifications) and click the notif box to view it, their member page loads incorrectly and all links on the page are broken. It's most obvious that there is a page issue because all of the images resolve incorrectly, but hovering over any links also show that they are incorrect.

This doesn't seem to always happen, but lately it has grown more and more common, and more users have told me they have experienced it. For reference, this is what my member page (member.php) loads like when the error occurs: Screenshot

Today, after I updated from DBSEO 1.4.5 to 1.4.8, member profile pages seem to almost always load incorrectly, both going directly to them via URL or by clicking a notification link. I feel like something in the rewrite rules isn't processing properly. All hyperlinks on the member page are given AFTER /member.php

(Ex: when broken, the link at the top to go to the forum index page is friendshipismagic.org/member.php/forum.php instead of the correct page friendshipismagic.org/forum.php )

Should I change something in the DBSEO member profile rewrite settings? I'm currently using the "custom" setting with its default input on everything (which, if I'm not mistaken, is the same formatting you use here). Is there something else I should try?

Thanks

Last edited:
Think I figured it out, wasn't anything really to do with vBNotifications at all. I noticed when I clicked an old hyperlink to a thread (that was under showthread.php), it would try to load the page as /showthread.php instead of /subforumname/threadname/ like DBSEO is rewriting them to.

It seems like whenever the page was given an "old" link, it would think that the entire site was under that link, like it was the forum root URL. This would explain all the images being broken, because it was looking for them like sitename.com/member.php/images/image.png, ; and the links being similarly wrong.

Changing "Always Use Forum URL as Base Path" in vBulletin Settings under AdminCP > Options > Site Name/URL/Contact Details to "Yes" seemed to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Back