Bug Subforum attempting to load as member profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis

Customer
I'm not actually sure if you could call this a bug, but it's a bit of an issue. I think you'll see the problem here right away.

PNt3CI2.png

Since the subforum's name starts with "member", it seems that (correct me if I'm wrong) the URL is parsed and recognised as a member profile. It's a problem because I'm sure my board isn't the only board that's had Member of the Month. A quick fix would probably be to name the forum "MotM" instead, but I was wondering if you have any other ideas.

This can happen if you don’t use user IDs in member profile URLs and don’t use forum IDs in forum URLs.

You should change your url formats if that’s the case.

I do like the current URL formats. I changed the forum name to "MotM: Member of the Month" which has fixed it, but is it important that I implement IDs if I avoid these obstacles? (Actually, that's the first problem I've encountered.) I followed the notes in the URL format settings and didn't break any of those rules.

If you ever wish to move to another forum software such as XenForo, it is very important that you use formats with IDs. Otherwise, you will need to manually redirect all forum and member profile URLs, no redirection software can help you.

Furthermore, including IDs will improve performance as there will not be a need to scan all forums and all members for matching names.

Hello @Mantis,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte SEO has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating