Question linking to different instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolimitreef

Customer
Q#1) Question about linking instances. I am going to be running 3 separate instances. I set up 2 of them but don't see the link for the second one. I don't want a bunch of individual tabs on the navbar. Can I make a main page welcoming members with information how to use then sub tab links to the individual instances? If so, how would I do this? Also I would like it not to open in a new page.

Q#2) Will Activities & Awards also calculate member submissions to Reviews? If so, how?

Thank you :D BTW, we love it so far!

I figured out the link issue for instances. It was because I didn't have dynamic navigation checked in general settings. I would still like to know if there is a way that I can have an entry page to reviews for our rules and instructions. Also Q#2 from above?

Do the uploaded images from members need to be a maximum size ?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
#2: The vBActivity integration is automatic, it'll award points for members Comments, Reviews and Ratings. You can configure the values in the Points Settings.

#3: I'd recommend setting some limits just in case, you can make them very big if you don't want them restricted.

#2: The vBActivity integration is automatic, it'll award points for members Comments, Reviews and Ratings. You can configure the values in the Points Settings.

#3: I'd recommend setting some limits just in case, you can make them very big if you don't want them restricted.
OK, sounds good :)

One more question.... The facebook share button is only sharing the main site and not the individual review like the google+ is. FB Share works correctly on the rest of the site. Am I missing something to make this share work properly? And while I'm on this subject... I wish this was in the classifieds pro! Please???? LOL

The FB Share API included in vBulletin is about to be deprecated, so it's difficult to make it work properly. Once vB updates its API in a future vB 4.2 update, we'll revisit this :)

As the original ticket subject has been resolved, I'll close this ticket :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte Reviews

vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Back