Duplicate "liked" doesn't trigger on resource updates, but "like" does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frybread

Customer
If I "like" your resource update, for example right here:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/dbtech-dragonbyte-credits.5871/updates#resource-update-26480

the "like" event triggers, but not the "liked" event. So I get credits, but not you.

This is not a duplicate, just FYI, as the other thread was a question about functionality with the global event trigger. This is a bug, an error in the way the plugin is reported to work. It is not specific to globals being on nor off.

I apologize for making a new thread, the last was closed and I was uanble to reply to clarify the bug.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is a bug, an error in the way the plugin is advertised to work.
I can't find any mention of "Resource Like" or "Resource Liked" in the advertisement of this product (the feature list). Could you please point it out to me?

I will re-check the functionality to see if this is something we intend(ed) to support, but given that you provided me with the definition of what a bug is, I wonder if you could also provide me with the indication of where we gave the impression that anything other than Post Like / Post Liked was supported.

You're right, not in the ad. I edited that part out, sounded a little mean. It is however mentioned in the changelog, linked in the original post.

You're right, not in the ad. I edited that part out, sounded a little mean. It is however mentioned in the changelog, linked in the original post.
No it isn't. The changelog mentions support for the XF2 RM events, which are:

1. XenForo Resource Manager Upload - Uploading a new XenResource resource.
  2. XenForo Resource Manager Update - Adding an update to a XenResource resource.
  3. XenForo Resource Manager Download - Downloading a XenResource resource.
  4. XenForo Resource Manager Downloaded - Someone else downloading your XenResource resource.
  5. XenForo Resource Manager Comment - Adding a comment to a XenResource resource.
  6. XenForo Resource Manager Commented - Someone else commenting on your XenResource resource.
  7. XenForo Resource Manager Rate - Rating a XenResource resource.
  8. XenForo Resource Manager Rated - Someone else rated your XenResource resource.
(To clarify, "Rate" means using the review system to leave a star rating, not like.)

In getting this information I realise I forgot to update the product description on this site to indicate those 8 events are now supported in the XF2 version, I'll go update that just now.

I've had a look at the code and it seems as if the intention was to only support Like and Liked for posts.

You would still be able to like resource updates and earn credits for it if you have the auto post reply to thread feature enabled (not sure what it's called as I don't own XFRM) and that post was liked.

I'll flag this as On Hold so it gets kept open for when we revisit feature requests :)

Status
Not open for further replies.