Question Getting the shoutbox to work on a new style/template

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are using the Manual Deployment feature, you need to perform the same edit as you did with your previous style.

If you are not using the Manual Deployment feature, the new skin may be lacking critical template hooks and ad locations, and you may need to switch to manual deployment.

Wrap the vBShout instance display code in
Code:
<vb:if condition="$foruminfo['forumid'] == X">
Code:
</vb:if>
Where X is the forum ID you want to use it in :)

Wrap the vBShout instance display code in
Code:
<vb:if condition="$foruminfo['forumid'] == X">
Code:
</vb:if>
Where X is the forum ID you want to use it in :)

Do I put this in the navbar template?

instance1

Code:
<vb:if condition="$foruminfo['forumid'] == X"> {vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1}  </vb:if>

That right? (I know I still need to change X to a number)

Do I put this in the navbar template?

instance1

Code:
<vb:if condition="$foruminfo['forumid'] == X"> {vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1}  </vb:if>

That right? (I know I still need to change X to a number)
You should put it in the FORUMDISPLAY template for it to show in an individual forum.

Also what number do I put in to get it to display on the frontpage? ( KO Boxing Forum )
To get it on the front page, you'd put
Code:
<vb:if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'index'"> {vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1}  </vb:if>
in the navbar template, or just
Code:
{vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1}
on the FORUMHOME template.

If you've moved to nginx, you will need to apply the contents of the nginx.conf file to your nginx configuration and restart nginx before DBSEO can function correctly. Any other 404 errors would probably be a result of an incorrect nginx configuration.

The overflow is a theme issue, with excessive padding applied to the contents. It's in the CSS somewhere, related to the "popupmenu" and "popupbody" CSS classes. Unfortunately I can't be more specific :(

I added this in FORUMDISPLAY

<vb:if condition="$foruminfo['forumid'] == 17"> {vb:raw show.vbshout_instance1} </vb:if>

The shout isn't appearing here Chatterbox

any ideas?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy vBShout

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads