Question External URLs in posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjones

Customer
I posted the message below in VBulletin support but just also wondered whether it may be a DB SEO problem if you don't mind having a quick look. Apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree!

"I used to have external URL's in posts wrapped in BBCode "
Code:
 URL [code/]" which hides the links from search engines etc

I've now removed the "" successfully from every forum post using an SQL query.

However the URL's now appear as black text rather than clickable links. If I go into edit for an individual post, make no changes, and click save, the clickable links appear. Obviously don't want to do this for 50,000 posts.

I've tried various maintenance, post and thread rebuild options without success so far (I think all of them?!). Am I missing some other option to automatically update the posts?

Also where is the option for how the URL's should appear? They don't seem uniform; some are just short links eg the url appears as "depositfiles.com" and others the full link eg "http://depositfiles/xxxx". I'd prefer to have the long links.

Thanks for any help"[/I]

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand the problem. Black text sounds like a problem with your skin, have you tried this in a default (unmodified) skin?

Hello benjones,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Answered.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings