Question Doubt / question about some features or work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder

Hello.
Recently, I installed this mod.
I have been investigating the way of working, and there are some functions that I have not achieved, or know how they work or know what they do, therefore, in advance, my apologies for these questions / doubts ...Despite reading your documentation (https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/docs/vbmail/) I still have these questions, so I post this post.
1.-It's possible all new users are suscribed by default to some Mailing List?
2.-I can suscribe to all my current users to my new mail list but...I have some usergroups, I can made sone mailing lists (for example, with the name of usergroups) and suscribe usergroup x to mailing list x?
3.-If in admincp->Mailing List (edit or create) I can only select Native Template, if select Custom Template when I go to send an email, not work, only have the field "Subject" for type, but not I have field of body for input the text.
The reasson for use Custom template its for, I send me an email for test, and I received the email well, but the template default are very little, when open the mail in my Thunderbird, appears (little template or body). Attach a example image.

Thank you very much in advance!

Attachments

• vbmail.jpeg
    vbmail.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 6
1.-It's possible all new users are suscribed by default to some Mailing List?
Yes, it's the "default subscribed" flag.

2.-I can suscribe to all my current users to my new mail list but...I have some usergroups, I can made sone mailing lists (for example, with the name of usergroups) and suscribe usergroup x to mailing list x?
Yes, like before this is the "default subscribed" flag which is set per user group inside the mailing list.

3.-If in admincp->Mailing List (edit or create) I can only select Native Template, if select Custom Template when I go to send an email, not work, only have the field "Subject" for type, but not I have field of body for input the text.
If you are using the "Custom Template" output you need to fill out the full HTML for the email when sending the template. I would strongly recommend sticking with the "Native Template" option since it will look & feel more like an email from your site.

Yes, it's the "default subscribed" flag.
Sorry for my question, I don't view the "default subscribed" flag in anywhere...

Yes, like before this is the "default subscribed" flag which is set per user group inside the mailing list.
Ok, when I can view the "default subscribed" flag, then, I view this :)

If you are using the "Custom Template" output you need to fill out the full HTML for the email when sending the template. I would strongly recommend sticking with the "Native Template" option since it will look & feel more like an email from your site.
Ok, I go to use "Native Template", but only for learn, if use "Custom Template", yes, I need to fill out the full HTM for the email when sending the template, but...what template? I question this because, I don't view where or how use "Custom Template".

And the 2 last question :), about bounced email, I have set in my cpanel that, all mails that are received in my bounced mail account (noreply @ mydomain.com) automatic deleted my server, in this case, I don't need configure bounced mail in vbmail, true?

I view that, the email received from mailing list, have a text with:
Mailing software provided by...
You can unsubscribe by clicking...

Ok, its perfect, but the doubt, its possible add sames phrases in other language?

Like indicate, my forum (or I have users) with 2 languages, and I need send in the 2 languages.

I search in phrases of admincp, but not view this phrases for add this phrases of my second language.

Again, thanks and regards!

Sorry for my question, I don't view the "default subscribed" flag in anywhere...
It's in the Mailing List manager.

And the 2 last question :), about bounced email, I have set in my cpanel that, all mails that are received in my bounced mail account (noreply @ mydomain.com) automatic deleted my server, in this case, I don't need configure bounced mail in vbmail, true?
vBMail uses the bounced mail handler in XenForo, you need to set that up in order to collect bounced email.

I view that, the email received from mailing list, have a text with:
Mailing software provided by...
You can unsubscribe by clicking...
The unsubscription link has a phrase, but the copyright footer does not.

It's in the Mailing List manager.
Yes, after reply this question, I view how managed flag subscriptions, thanks :)
vBMail uses the bounced mail handler in XenForo, you need to set that up in order to collect bounced email.
In my case, I use vbulletin, but yes, I have configured the bounced mail in my settings of admincp, and in my cpanel, configured my mail account for bounced mail for automatic deleted.

The unsubscription link has a phrase, but the copyright footer does not.
Thanks, I view the prases and I can translate, good because the users receveid the instructions for unsusbsribe in her language.
The copyright, if isn't possible translate...I think its a little problem.

Thanks and regards.

In my case, I use vbulletin, but yes, I have configured the bounced mail in my settings of admincp, and in my cpanel, configured my mail account for bounced mail for automatic deleted.
Then there shouldn't be any further configuration needed :)

Thanks Fillip!
This another question, I don't know if its good in this thread or in other new thread...

I have been trying for two days to configure the permissions on the mailing list so that users can access it, subscribe and unsubscribe, but can not see the mail history.
I am not capable, I do not know if I configure something wrong, or it is something I do not see, or something fails ... I am not able to know what happens.
Attached some screenshots of how I have configured, a list so that the user group "Contributor" can see it but not see the mail history.
And there's no way, configure it as you configure it, you can see the mail history, and it's something I do not want you to see, if you can subscribe and unsubscribe, but I do not want you to see the mail history.
Do you know what I can be failing?

Again thanks and greetings.

Edit: Sorry, in my attachs images not appears the name of usergroups, the second usergroup its "Admins" the sixth usergroup its the usergroup that I want can subscribe and unsubscribe but I don't want can view the mail history.

I have been trying for two days to configure the permissions on the mailing list so that users can access it, subscribe and unsubscribe, but can not see the mail history.
This is not possible. It's explicitly designed in such a way that if you can view the mailing list, you can also view the mail history.

This is not possible. It's explicitly designed in such a way that if you can view the mailing list, you can also view the mail history.
Ok, I understand,
It has its logic. Although if my wish is that, they can see the list, but the history does not.
It's not important either :)

Today I made my first mass mail to all users, I detected that, mail has been sent to the users who had been imported to the list, but this product checks if they have activated or not receiving emails from the administrator, if not, do not send it, that's great!

The shipment has been made to about 100,000 users, I have programmed this product to send them in batches of 150. It has taken around 6 hours.

During these 6 hours, the use of cpu in my server has increased a lot, arriving in moments to values of 8 and 9.

You suggest some config for made more faster and not increase cpu load?

As always, thanks and best regards!

Last edited:
You suggest some config for made more faster and not increase cpu load?
The act of sending email is all down to your server, so there's nothing that can be done on our end to reduce CPU load when sending email, sorry.

Ok, thanks Fillip.
Taking advantage of the mail, just a few hours ago my server suspended my account because there were many rejected mails, they thought it was spam, after explaining no, that there is a unsubscription link, they can see the content of the email that is not spam ... I have reactivated the account. It was a bad time ...
Then I was informed that they had received many notifications from Microsoft, in the admincp of vbulletin I have not activated the option to send with -f, do you advise activating this option or any other to avoid it?
Failing that, I look for the mode, locate all these mails returned by non-existent accounts and move those users to a specific group so they do not receive mails, but that already, I guess it's a question of vbulletin and not this mod :)

Then I was informed that they had received many notifications from Microsoft, in the admincp of vbulletin I have not activated the option to send with -f, do you advise activating this option or any other to avoid it?
I don't know if that option would help or if it's needed, that's a default vBulletin feature.

Failing that, I look for the mode, locate all these mails returned by non-existent accounts and move those users to a specific group so they do not receive mails, but that already, I guess it's a question of vbulletin and not this mod :)
This mod does feature bounced mail handling to unsubscribe, but it does not move them to a different user group.

You should consider moving your forum to XenForo 2.1 which has much more robust bounced mail handling.

You should consider moving your forum to XenForo 2.1 which has much more robust bounced mail handling.
Yes, I've been thinking about it for a while, for that reason, I've installed different mods of yours (and exported the data to yours, like the thanks mod) so that, in case of converting my forum to xenforo, have the possibility of exporting also your mods from vb to xenforo.
Only currently, I'm missing a couple of things to "compatibilizar" with xenforo, such as my current style, which I wish to remain the same and some other option.
I know there's a cost for the xenforo license, but I know that, sooner or later, I'll have to do it ...
I am very used to working with vb, they are many years old, I have tried xenforo, I guess it will be a matter of adapting myself.
But I see even, (and this is off topic) that even the translation to my language, has a cost, currently I can not deal with the license of xenforo, the language and various plugins.
Those of you, as soon as this is in xenforo, will be paid and I will pay them.
About the bounced mail in xenforo, I do not know how it works, but with vb I have already had this problem in my current server and the previous one (although they warned me first), if I would like to be able to solve it.
Thanks and best regards

Hello @Wonder,

We hope your ticket regarding vBMail has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.