Bug DBSEO causing huge server loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henk Keuris

Customer
Haven't tested on a different skin. As per my web host...

The following PHP processes are causing high load on the server:
11203 carbonit 20 0 121m 24m 8752 R 25.6 0.6 1:05.26 lsphp5:/home/carbonit/public_html/dbseo.php
11500 carbonit 20 0 118m 21m 8640 R 25.3 0.5 0:26.73 lsphp5:/home/carbonit/public_html/dbseo.php
11494 carbonit 20 0 121m 24m 8692 R 21.3 0.6 0:26.48 lsphp5:/home/carbonit/public_html/dbseo.php
11493 carbonit 20 0 126m 30m 9324 S 19.6 0.8 0:26.22 lsphp5:/home/carbonit/public_html/dbseo.php
11408 carbonit 20 0 134m 36m 9292 R 19.3 0.9 0:40.02 lsphp5:/home/carbonit/public_html/dbseo.php
11499 carbonit 20 0 124m 27m 8400 R 19.0 0.7 0:26.51 lsphp5:/home/carbonit/public_html/dbseo.php
11808 carbonit 20 0 114m 17m 8168 R 18.6 0.4 0:01.56 lsphp5:/home/carbonit/public_html/dbseo.php
11422 carbonit 20 0 118m 21m 8444 R 16.3 0.5 0:37.35 lsphp5:/home/carbonit/public_html/dbseo.php
11509 carbonit 20 0 131m 33m 8356 R 16.3 0.8 0:24.32 lsphp5:/home/carbonit/public_html/dbseo.php

Let me know if there is anything I can do to fix this? I upgraded to the latest version of DBSEO end of last week, in order to try and fix this.

Hi there,

This is incorrectly being attributed to DBSEO because DBSEO will load the rest of vBulletin from within itself. All requests get routed through dbseo.php in order to facilitate rerouting URLs from their SEO'd URLs to the real vB URLs, or vice versa.

DBSEO does not cause huge server loads :)

Hello Henk Keuris,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Sorry, follow up question...

If it's not DBSEO (and I accept that it is not), how do I debug to find out what is causing the server load? Any ideas on where I should start?

Ok, I just disabled DBSEO, and immediate the server load dropped from 15 to below 4...

So, I really need some help to sort this out, please.

I'm using Filecache on VB Optimise (your mod).

Other than that, it doesn't look like I am using any caching system.

Then I would strongly recommend you install either XCache or Redis, as it will not only speed your forum up via vB Optimise more so than Filecache, but once DBSEO is configured to use it too, it'll work a lot better with that as well.

Ok, I'll try do that. I know that I had issues last time I tried to use a caching system, but will give it another shot. Thanks!

Ok, I installed redis.

How do I apply this to VB, DB VBOptimise and DB SEO?

When I apply it to VBOptimise, I get this error:

"vB Optimise: You have selected a cache method that vB Optimise has detected you cannot use, this may be because the extension required is either not installed or configured correctly on your server. Please contact your system administrator or hosting provider for more information."

Add the following to your config.php file:

PHP:
$config['Datastore']['dbseoclass'] = 'DBSEO_Datastore_Redis';
$config['Misc']['redisServers'] = array(
    array('127.0.0.1' , 6379),
);
$config['Misc']['redisMaxDelay'] = 10; // is slave server is out of sync by more than this many seconds, switch to master
$config['Misc']['redisTimeout'] = 3; // if redis server doesn't respond in this many seconds, disconnect
$config['Misc']['redisRetry'] = 100; // retry connection in this many milliseconds

When I add that to the config.php (in the forum includes folder), I get the following error:

Fatal User Error: Redis not installed in ..../dbtech/dbseo/includes/class_datastore.php on line 472

How do I know that redis has been installed properly. My host did respond saying that they installed it, and the PHP extension, but I don't see anything about redis in the php.info file.

I've contacted my host again.

Did you remember to add the
Code:
[redis]
extension="/path/to/redis.so"
to your php.ini file?

Ok, it now worked. I'm going to test it now. My host said that the php extension didn't load properly, as it tried to install it for the incorrect version of php.

So, I now added the config.php part, and it doesn't give an error. Php.info also shows redis installed.

What next? I enable DBSEO, and see how it works?

I activated redis on VBOptimise as well.

However, my load immediately jumped from 3.xx to 6.xx, and I have only around 550 users active on the forums at the moment, so it's not a lot, and the load is already quite high.

Any ideas?

That might not be enough to power a decent sized Redis cache as well as Apache / MySQL / PHP / system processes.

Another way to speed up PHP is to use PHP 5.6 with the Opcache extension enabled.

Hello Henk Keuris,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy DragonByte SEO

vBulletin 3.8.x vBulletin 4.x.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings