Bug Data too long for column 'ipaddress' at row 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

adwade

Customer
I received 6 of these type errors within two minutes this morning, per my server logs.

Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'ipaddress' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: iambent, 38 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/DBTech/Security/XenForo/EventListener/ControllerDispatch.php(58): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\r\n\t\t\t\tINSERT IN...', Array)
#3 [internal function]: DBTech_Security_XenForo_EventListener_ControllerDispatch::preDispatch(Object(XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index), 'Index', 'XenForo_Control...')
#4 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php(313): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('controller_pre_...', Array, 'XenForo_Control...')
#6 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(350): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Index', 'XenForo_Control...')
#7 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(38) "http://www.recumbentriders.org/forums/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Hmm, well we are on a shared server with A Small Orange and (to my knowledge) are not using ipv6.

I did notice, I reported this back on 7/17/16 as reference ID is 20389. I'm not sure how to access the information about the fix then, if there was one.

Does this SQL error hurt anything (i.e. can it corrupt my database?), or is it just an informational error I can disregard when it happens?

That was a different issue, this will be a server issue if it is the same issue as the other member reported.

Ignoring this issue would mean certain parts of the mod won't function, so it really shouldn't be ignored. I'd recommend checking the contents of the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] variable via the php info page.

Closed?

Is this ticket already closed? I just opened it.

Anyway, A Small Orange uses cPanel for me to access our server. So in cPanel I don't see any PHP INFO PAGE to find out about the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] setting you mentioned.

I recall back when I used vBulletin, that the AdminCP had a LINK for PHP info, but I don't see such in XenForo's AdminCP.

All I can turn up in cPanel is: PHP; PHP Pear Packages and PHP Selector.

None of which show the variable you referred to.

Is this ticket already closed? I just opened it.
Whenever I answer a ticket I mark it as answered / closed, so that if the customer doesn't reply back it's off my "tickets to answer" list :)

Anyway, A Small Orange uses cPanel for me to access our server. So in cPanel I don't see any PHP INFO PAGE to find out about the $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] setting you mentioned.
Create a new php script on your server, containing this:
PHP:
<?php phpinfo();

I don't see anything wrong with the info page shown there, but that doesn't mean your host doesn't do something weird with other people's IP addresses.

Can you show me the contents of the xf_dbtech_security_iplog table?

No, that's pretty much beyond my knowledge set I'm afraid. If it's not a risk to my sql database and you could give me a myPHPAdmin command, I 'might' be able to execute it and copy/paste the results to you.

Would it be possible for you to give me access to phpMyAdmin so I can have a look myself and see if I can find the issue?

Obviously that's the quickest way to see what's up, but let me ask you one question. If I give you my password to cPanel is it logged in a message somewhere that is retained in your database -or- is it purged COMPLETELY from your database soon after?

I would strongly recommend changing your cPanel password to a temporary one while this work is ongoing, then change it back once I am done.

You can also create a new MySQL user and associate it with your forum DB, then direct link me to your phpMyAdmin page in cPanel, where I can login with this new MySQL user.
Once I'm done, you can then delete this new user.

I cannot fully guarantee that every trace of the password sent is deleted, so we recommend temporary usernames :)

Sorry so tardy in responding, but I've been awaiting an email notice that you had replied.

I've checked my settings...
Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 4.57.23 PM.jpg
and from my understand I have it set to default to always subscribe to new threads I post in.

However, when I look at the Thread Tools (for this thread) I see this...
Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 4.58.37 PM.jpg

So I'm somewhat confused. Anyway, I've now subscribed to THIS thread manually so hopefully I'll get reply notices.

I understand what you've said, so I'll try and create a new user w/pw to access our SQL file and get back to you.

How/where do I leave sensitive info to you?

Hello adwade,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Not A Bug.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

I now have 12 of these type errors in my Server Error Log in XF. Here is the last one, from 11:01AM yesterday.

Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'ipaddress' at row 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: iambent, Yesterday at 11:01 AM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/DBTech/Security/XenForo/EventListener/ControllerDispatch.php(58): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\r\n\t\t\t\tINSERT IN...', Array)
#3 [internal function]: DBTech_Security_XenForo_EventListener_ControllerDispatch::preDispatch(Object(XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index), 'Index', 'XenForo_Control...')
#4 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php(313): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('controller_pre_...', Array, 'XenForo_Control...')
#6 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(350): XenForo_Controller->preDispatch('Index', 'XenForo_Control...')
#7 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/rradmin/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(38) "http://www.recumbentriders.org/forums/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Hello adwade,

This ticket has now been closed with the status Fixed.

We hope your issue or question has been addressed to your satisfaction. If not, please feel free to re-open it by clicking this link.

If you have any further issues or questions, please feel free to start a new support ticket via the button at the top of every page.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Security

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings