Question Credit Purchase Inquiry

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfarmer2001

Customer
I have two currencies that I am using, D Bucks (main currency) and Tickets. I just set up a Purchase option for D Bucks. However, I am curious, is there a way that I can configure the software to give a user X amount of tickets for purchasing D Bucks (depending on which package option was purchased)?

@Fillip H. ,

Could this potentially work with the Payment Profile option? If I enter in the currency amount as minimum and maximum (the same amount as the purchase cost), then enter in the event amount awarded?

Sorry, I don’t understand. Events still can’t award currencies other than what they are defined for.

Is the payment profile event where if a user purchases something, it gives them forum currency in exchange for their purchase? If that's the case, then I can set that up and schedule the events for tickets when they make a purchase, even if they are purchasing the other currency.

Sorry I am currently in the process of moving so I have not had a chance to look into this further. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

@Fillip H. - I hope you're move has been going well. Have you been able to settle down yet? If so, could you review this inquiry? I'm having people purchase user upgrades and credits, but I'm not able to successfully get it to work to give tickets based on purchase amounts.

Is the payment profile event where if a user purchases something, it gives them forum currency in exchange for their purchase? If that's the case, then I can set that up and schedule the events for tickets when they make a purchase, even if they are purchasing the other currency.
I still don't understand what you are asking.

The Payment Profile event is "Making a purchase via XenForo's payment profile system." f.ex. paying for a User Upgrade or a DragonByte eCommerce purchase using Credits. It only works one way.

1696752000748.png

Your screenshot looks different than mine.

The one for purchasing currency is listed as event "Purchase" not "Payment Profile"

1696829972410.png

Here is what I am asking about:1696830027470.png

From my understanding, using the payment profile event, should trigger an award of currency for simply paying whatever amount is listed in the minimum/maximum currency amount fields?

You should not use the Minimum and Maximum Currency Amount fields for this, and there’s still no way of doing what it is you want.

If you want users to be able to convert from one currency to another, there’s the Transfer event.

Hello @dfarmer2001,

We hope your ticket regarding DragonByte Credits has been addressed to your satisfaction. This ticket has now been scheduled to be closed.

If your ticket has not been resolved, you can reply to this thread at any point in the next 7 days in order to reopen the ticket, afterwards this thread will be closed.

Please do not reply to this thread if your ticket has been resolved.

Thank you.

- DragonByte Technologies, Ltd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonByte Credits

XenForo 1.5.3+ XenForo 2.0.x XenForo 2.1.x XenForo 2.2.x
Seller
DragonByte Technologies
Release date
Last update
Total downloads
Customer rating